Fun Facts and Other Interesting Facts: Did you know..?

Did you know, while you are flying in an airplane, your hair grows at twice rate it usually does. Thats why you seem to need more haircuts when you have been traveling a lot.
@highcountrygal

1 Like

@smitty87 well that just answers it, I’ve only been on 5 airplanes in my life, no wonder my hair is short!

1 Like

Did you know Londoners in the 1600s were advised to keep “fart jars”—consisting of trapped fart odors—on hand to combat bubonic plague. The idea was that the potent smell would somehow purify the air.

2 Likes

@smitty87 Good morning! That’s funny! So I am in the yard yesterday and scraped my toe and a blood blister formed and all I could think of is your toe!

1 Like

Im sorry to hear about the toe. That can be so painful for us diabetics. Mine looks a lot better but I’m losing quite a bit of skin. Just keeping it clean and staying off of it as much as possible. Have a wonderful evening! @highcountrygal

1 Like

@smitty87 Hay did you see where FloridaSon and others are trying to plan a group meeting so let’s watch and see what happens. If everyone gets the okay let’s do it!

1 Like

You type 1 or type 2, smitty?

Type 2 I just about got the foot ulcer under control and the skin that was pushed away from the toe that was due to the swelling is reattaching and turning pink again. Just takes a lot of cleaning with saline, Hydrogen Peroxide, Aloe Vera, and triple antibiotic. @anon35207245

Sounds like a good time I will keep my eye out. Thanks @highcountrygal

1 Like

Was curious, what do they say the prognosis for the type 2 is as I killed mine off in 8 months. Obviously I have to be strict on sugars, but luckily it was caught quick enough and I don’t need to take any medication for diabetes at all now.

Obviously I don’t know your exact circumstances,.but it is possible you could do similar as it’s known that T2 can be “cured”.

But one tip is to hit the CBD and hit it hard, as CBD is a known vasodilator which will help the blood flow and should help the recovery.

2 Likes

Thanks for the info I will check into the CBD oil Have a great day! @anon35207245

1 Like

Being a vasodilator is one thing, it’s also an anti-inflammatory which can reduce the inflammation of the blood vessels associated with metabolic syndrome and T2.

The effects are so beneficial, the Israelis have been developing CBD as a part of the treatment for T2.

Then there’s the magic one. Why do people get the munchies after toking? Answer, their blood sugar levels drop. CBD will help in that respect too.

These are the main effects of CBD regarding T2, there are others, but the evidence from countless studies cannot be ignored.

You ain’t got squat to lose, and potentially a hell of a lot to gain.

2 Likes

@anon35207245 I am T2 and am a heavy smoker (weed) and currently my Doc is weaning me off of my insulin to oral only. I am down to 8u a day from another Doc who had me as high as 90u morn and 80u bedtime I was horribly overmedicated which was causing my BS to increase, no one would believe me when I tried to tell them, and by gawd I was right!

2 Likes

Sounds like something I am going to do. There is a local dispensary that is near me and delivers for free. I think they open at 11:00 pt gonna give them a text.

Thanks again! @anon35207245

I never got as far as insulin, only metformin. But, as I say, I was lucky and it was caught early. Started off on 4 x 850mg when I was in hospital in August, then that went to 3 when I left hospital a week later, down to two per day in January then zero since April just by changing diet and losing 50lb of blubber.

I got lucky as there was no symptoms whatsoever until my foot blew up like a balloon, and since I was in hospital when the diagnosis came through there was all the “experts” necessary at my disposal so that evil disease didn’t get a real grip.

2 Likes

Heres a fun fact for ya!
Did you know that in some Native American cultures, crickets are considered good luck charms, symbols of prosperity because of the fact that they lay hundreds of eggs and because of their amazing leaping ability.
If a cricket crosses your path then, consider yourself lucky, or if a cricket is chirping right inside your house. That is unless you’re in northern Brazil where the chirping of a cricket is said to signify death and so it is immediately killed. Interesting differences in the belief’s of different cultures. Myself being primarily Native American (Cherokee) my belief falls to them being a sign of good Luck!
Have a blessed day everyone! @highcountrygal

4 Likes

You win ‘the coolest facts guy’ award! @smitty87 They are also considered good luck by the Japanese and they keep a replica inside. I did my DNA and I am 1% Native American and that 1% means to me as good as 100%, it’s what matters to me most.

3 Likes

I am honored. I must be on a roll. First the user of the month and Now “the coolest facts guy award”. Life is good!
Thanks @highcountrygal

1 Like

Figured it was my turn for compliments! @smitty87

1 Like

@mulegal @Mrcrabs @smitty87 @Rickandbobbyd @elheffe702 @anon35207245 @SmoknGranny @Covertgrower @Happy_Pappy @Fairieswear8oots

Did you know if your feet are cold put on your hat!

Did you know that your age tells you how many trips around the sun you have made!

Did you know it takes three apples to make a glass of apple cider?

Did you know a bushel of apples will makes slightly more than 3 gal. of cider.

Did you know Up the hill gallop me not. Down the hill trot me not. On the plain spare me not
In the stable forget me not.

Did you know the average tangerine has nine sections

Did you know the prevailing weather is most likely to change three days before the new moon and three days before the full moon.

Did you know Wind from the West, sailors like best. Wind from the North sailors go forth. Wind from the East, sailors like least. Wind from the South you shutta your mouth!

And there you have it!

7 Likes