Fun Facts and Other Interesting Facts: Did you know..?

Did you know a tortoise’s shell is sensitive to touch, it’s full of nerve endings.They appreciate a good tickle every now and then.

4 Likes

WOW!!! This I did not know. I LOVE turtles and tortoises. Thanks @Mrcrabs

1 Like

I keep gloves in jeep to help them cross the street. Awesome creatures!

2 Likes

I use to ride with a grizzlied old biker, he was the founder of a club in Wisconsin. He didn’t talk much and tolerated even less bullshit from people but if a turtle was crossing the street we would stop, turn around if necessary, and help it to the other side :heart::heart: Not one snide remark was ever heard from anyone who might be with us :sunglasses::turtle:

2 Likes

@Fairieswear8oots I’ve ridden with a few grizzlied bikers in my day, surprising how soft they really are!

1 Like

Your a sweetie my friend.

2 Likes

@highcountrygal @Fairieswear8oots I have some scary looking biker friends that wouldn’t hurt a June bug, just don’t Mess around with there hogs.

2 Likes

Or their friends :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

Especially there smoking buddies, ha ha.

1 Like

@Mrcrabs and Mrscrabs! Thank you both for being so supportive and right there along side of me! I appreciate both of you and it’s been fun!

Squared

1 Like

Awww, how sweeet of you,:wind_face::dash: thank you my love.

1 Like

@Mrcrabs You are welcome! BTW squared means one for you and one for the Mrs! So share and play fair LOL!

1 Like

@BIGE Thanks to you my friend for your kind words and support!

1 Like

Did you know that moths can’t fly when there’s an earthquake? Why? Even scientists aren’t sure but they believe that moths use a gyroscopic system to fly – their wings and antennae act as a gyroscope, which is like some sort of spinning wheel suspended in three rings. As you can tell, it’s not a very stable system which is why moths aren’t the best of flyers, often fluttering restlessly about. And when there’s an earthquake, it becomes even more unstable, making it difficult or even impossible for them to get a grasp of their surroundings and keep their balance, which is why they remain perfectly still. They’re probably safer that way.
Another fun fact about moths? Some of them don’t have mouths. After coming out of their cocoons and developing into adults, they don’t eat. They simply look for a mate and then lay eggs, which they have about a week to accomplish before dying.
@highcountrygal

3 Likes

@smitty87 Good morning! You have the coolest facts. I need to get my butt in gear because I have a bunch that need tellin’! How are you? Hope today is a beautiful one for you!

1 Like

Good Morning, Still nursing that toe. Since I have diabetes there was a new development seems that I now am also nursing open wounds WooHoo. Other than that doing well. Have a wonderful day! @highcountrygal

1 Like

Did you know that for nursing wounds on feet for Diabetics that cleansing the wound with 0.06% saline solution and treating with raw honey is one of the best remedies?

2 Likes

@smitty87 I am diabetic as well! I hate it. I call it the disease of deprivation! I am always getting cut, scratched, dropping stuff on my feet. I have neuropathy in both feet and hands. Yish! I just switched Docs and he is weaning me off of insulin. I was horribly over medicated for 20 yrs. My old doc (he’s not old) before I switched would accuse me of not taking my meds or sabotaging myself with the wrong diet. I was taking my meds and was eating what I thought was right and my BS kept getting higher and each time it would go high he’d add more oral meds (I was on the max dose) and increase my insulin (he had me on 80 u at night and 90 u every morning) and I would gain wt. I was close to 300 # and my BS still went up and he’d yell at me for gaining wt blah blah. This also included having me on 3 blood pressure meds and my blood pressure was always high and he wanted to add more. Well to end this diatribe. I ran out of insurance therefore ran out of meds totally. What an eye opener. I had no insulin, or oral meds and guess what my BS went so down and my blood pressure went down and I lost 100 lbs in 4 mo. The insulin and oral meds caused me to be so over wt for 20 yrs. My new Doc is my brother and sis n laws’ and I love this man! He was raised by Hippies, so I know I am in good hands. I am down to 8 u now and he put me on 2 oral meds and my A1C is right where it should be. And I weigh 160 lbs! He was the first doc to ever tell me I was carb sensitive and has changed my diet and had I known the above would never had happened!

3 Likes

Did you know the easiest way to calm a drunk person is to whisper. The same applies to psychotic out of control behavior. People, whether drunk or out of control, have to be quiet to hear what you are saying!

Did you know planting sweet peas (the flower) on Thanksgiving will give you blooms on Washington’s Birthday, Feb. 22nd.

Did you know it takes four teenage girls to accompany one to the bathroom. Young adults go it threes, and older women go in pairs.

Did you know one elephant will provide as much meat as 100 antelopes!

Did you know good Hashish should make you cough on the first hit.

Did you know the average person generates one ton of garbage per year.

There finally I could add more!
@mulegal @Mrcrabs @smitty87 @SmoknGranny @elheffe702 @Rickandbobbyd @Covertgrower @DieHigh55 @Fairieswear8oots @Happy_Pappy

9 Likes

I can think of a few folks that generate a lot more garbage than that! :wink:

Your corn should be knee high by the fourth of July.

2 Likes