Fun Facts and Other Interesting Facts: Did you know..?

Tornado warnin here. Be back in a little bit I hope. Not going to basement unless I have to talk to y’all soon

2 Likes

BE CAREFUL! @Rickandbobbyd I’ve been watching the Weather Channel and cannot fathom tornados and hurricanes at all!

2 Likes

I grew up in Missouri. No thanks.

2 Likes

Speaking of tornadoes, I do believe the UK gets more of them per square mile than the USA, making the UK the Twister Capital of the world.

The difference in size, however, is something else with most tornadoes in the UK passing completely unnoticed.

3 Likes

Did you know that artificial intelligence cannot mitigate natural stupidity? :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Fun Fact: Did you know that Nikola Tesla had an obsession with the number 3. Tesla only lived in hotel rooms that were divisible by 3, and he did everything in sets of 3. Tesla also had a good sense of style, he was often clean cut and polished, possibly due to the fact that he was a hygiene freak and a germaphobic. OCD the early days!
Have a great day everybody! @highcountrygal @Countryboyjvd1971 @raustin @Laurap @merlin44 @Mrcrabs
@Happy_Pappy @Mitak17 @SmoknGranny @Newman444

7 Likes

Or that even duct tape can’t fix stupid?

But it can muffle the sound

5 Likes

Take a kitchen chair & place with back against wall. Have a female go over bend over chair placing head against wall & lift. A male cannot do this with his head against wall.

4 Likes

Is everything ok? Did y’all weather the storm?

1 Like

@anon35207245 LMAO! I love that!

1 Like

We did @Fairieswear8oots. It fizzled out. Thanks for asking

2 Likes

Okay. I have a horrible fact. I just broke a beautiful stem on my new plant trying to LST. I thought stems in the veg. stage were tougher.

4 Likes

Did you put some honey on her & tape her up?

Did you know that Jack Daniel the founder of the famous whiskey died from kicking a safe. When he kicked it, he broke his toe which in turn got infected. He eventually died from blood poisoning from the broken toe. @highcountrygal

5 Likes

George Washington was out on his property doing some type of work. It was a nasty cold day. He developed some sort of throat infection, I believe, and got very I’ll. The physician started letting his blood, draining it, to reduce his fever. He drained to much and Old George died of to little blood in his system. Literally bled to death. A regimine of simple antibiotics would more than likely saved his life. There was no penicillin at that time. He needed some of this

Almost there folks.

6 Likes

One helicopter has approximately 6 miles of cables and wires. it was on “how it was made” which is a fascinating show.

4 Likes

i’m addicted to that show!

2 Likes

Did you know that while Nikola Tesla was working for Thomas Edison, he was asked to improve a generator design for a large bonus. Upon completion, Edison stole the design and never paid Tesla. Tesla quit shortly after. @highcountrygal

5 Likes

I worked on fighters, not heavies, but I heard this saying about the B-52 in tech school: “A B-52 has the power of eight locomotives, a thousand of miles of wire, and is made from enough aluminum to make 10,000 trash cans. So it flies like eight locomotives dragging 10,000 trash cans strung on a thousand miles of wire.”

5 Likes

Didn’t Tesla build a death ray?

1 Like