Fun Facts and Other Interesting Facts: Did you know..?

We used to see them horny toads out on the trail they were pink and gray and blended right into the soil.

I had more than a few as a kiddo, remember having to let them go because they were multiplying and my mother was not to fond of reptiles. She liked fuzzy and cute animals.

2 Likes

Good memories horny toad hunting, for sure. What I need to find are some peyote buttons.

@bryan Those too are scarce my friend, they use to grow wild from where I’m from , not anymore

I’m lucky I found these one day I was shroom hunting

2 Likes

When I was a kid we would go near Weslaco and come back with plenty buttons, make tea.

1 Like

@bryan So awsome , I found these in Roma at my grandpa’s ranch, Do you live in the RGV

1 Like

Up here in SA

1 Like

@bryan Kool, i haven’t seen many at all, i have had it for a while now. I found it about quarter size, I should be getting seeds soon from it, but they taken for ever to grow. If I can pull some strings and find my medicine man , I will ask for you. I’m from the Laredo area and might be able to find some for you, will let you know if I do

Here’s mine. Second year of blooming :blush:

5 Likes

@SmoknGranny, she’s a beauty, found me another peyote buddy. Yeee haaa

2 Likes

Did you start her from seed @SmoknGranny

1 Like

Nope. My friend gave her to me about 4-5 years ago. You should see her collection and mine is the runt :grin:

2 Likes

First time I tried them, my cheeks were sore for two days from smiling. Ahh, the 70’s. I have some spores and grow bag but not sure what to do with them. First try I got the white mycelium but no shroom

3 Likes

So cool granny, I have a shaman buddie that I have not visited in a while, but when I do ,we speak for hours without end and just Eat and eat peyote, we grows his own peyote also. Also raises rattlesnakes, he swears his peyote is the anti venom for rattlesnake bites, and has the bites to prove it, Just beautiful ,me an Mrs crabs found this about years backs, since then it grew buttons

1 Like

Yes, I love the peyote trip, very magical.

1 Like

I’m hoping for buttons eventually. It’s been since 1972 since I have enjoyed some and I’m ready for the experience again :+1:
FYI according to my friend (Nez Perz) who ran the North Florida Snake Bite clinic (also bitten several times) many rattlesnake bites are dry bites with little to no venom.

1 Like

I believe him, he never goes to do check up and don’t like doctors his is part native America, also eats garlic daily. One of the most healthiest elders I know. He always says, we have all herbs to cure ourself, it’s just our option to be ignorant, he is very spiritual

1 Like

We all need to respect what the elders have to say. Their wisdom has been passed for generations :+1:
I’m not sure how much garlic Maynard ate but I saw him eat over 2 dozen quail breasts wrapped in bacon on a bed of wild rice at my dinner table one night :grin:
As you can tell by his video he was quite the character! @Mrcrabs

1 Like

He’s my type of fella, very interesting video. Some people are just gifted, I bet it’s a honor to be his friend, I love the way he treats them as a lost puppy and puts them back in the wild, And also has something in common with my buddy, he never blamed the snake for bitting him. Loved it

1 Like