Fun Facts and Other Interesting Facts: Did you know..?

Hello to all! I have been wanting to start this thread for quite a while, I love the little tidbits of info that people post and thought there should be a place to put all these factoids for all to peruse and add to if you would like. I think knowing a lot about the ‘little stuff’ is better than knowing a lot about one or two big things. So come on in, have some crazy fun, take your mind off of normal life things and learn some cool info! Things you would never think of routinely are the true gems in a world that has gone totally nutz!

I will start off with a few of my recent favorites.

Did you know that for every silk on an ear of corn there is a kernel.

Did you know that African elephants ear’s are in the shape of Africa and Indian elephants ear’s are in the shape of India.

Did you know rain travels at 17 mph.

Did you know that for medicinal use Aloe Vera must be dry for at least a week?

So hope you enjoy this thread and please feel free to add to the collection

@mulegal @smitty87 @Mrcrabs @AmnesiaHaze @Happy_Pappy @raustin @FloridaSon @Rickandbobbyd @BIGE @Covertgrower and please pass on it’s hard to tag all Thank you

12 Likes

@elheffe702 @Fairieswear8oots @Familyman420 @Flat.Foot @GreenThunder @rumpelstiltskin @SmoknGranny @Screwauger @Smokin_ernie @blackthumbbetty Please pass on thank you!

7 Likes

sh!t don’t run up hill

8 Likes

Heres one for ya: Bees are known to get drunk from fermented nectar, and when drunk are very dangerous flyers, often causing accidents. Some bees even get so wasted that they can’t even find their way back to the hive! But those that do make it back to the hive have it far worse. A study on drunk bees showed that when a bee returns to the hive drunk, the other bees will often block it from entering the hive until it has sobered up, sometimes attacking them in order to help them straighten themselves out! And when they’ve eventually landed they’re often grounded until they’re safe to fly again!

11 Likes

A flock of crows are known as a murder

6 Likes

Smart Bee’s @smitty87. That drunkenness is nasty business. I wouldn’t let a drunk bee into my hive…no way no how

3 Likes

Did you know that Gestation for a mule is a month longer than for a horse? I think it’s all the extra ear length and brain power being built…course I’m biased.

3 Likes

If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds just like pac-man. Try it!

5 Likes

:rofl:
And yes I did it :+1:

3 Likes

Did you know roosters don’t have a penis.
Did you know the avg body temp for a chicken is 105 deg. to 107 deg.
Did you know a chicken don’t need a rooster to lay eggs.

5 Likes

That noise is music to my ears, an 80’s child loved PAC man and arcades.

3 Likes

Light travels 186,282.396 miles per second.

2 Likes

Chickens are able to recognize 150 friends.

2 Likes

Got me there HCG did not know.

1 Like

Horses have the biggest eyeball of all mammals! And they can move their ears in two directions at once!

2 Likes

It was in a special PBS show about chickens.

1 Like

Raised and breed chicken for 15yrs. And I did not know, Did you know chickens don’t catch colds.

1 Like

I’ve had them off and on all of my life. Go to the PBS store and get the dvd The Natural History of the Chicken by Mark Lewis you will not regret it! The last story is the best! Let me know if you get it or rent it, it is a must for chicken lovers. Love to Mrscrabs!

1 Like

Will look it up, Mrs crabs sends you her best wishes.

I’m gonna take it low.
Did you know that if you drink a mans 25+ year single malt scotch (ALL OF IT) he will cry like a baby?
(Hehehe it was bottled the year he joined the CG and he was saving it for his retirement. He almost made it. Should of kept his little Willy in his pants) I still don’t regret it.

7 Likes