Fun experiment 7 autos in a pool

Thing is so gnarly looking! Is it hard to tell what’s what on that girl?

Waste of money. Its been said so many times on here because your more than likely putting them in a tent that requires ventilation so any co2 you may achieve gets pumped out when you ventilation kicks on. The only way to use co2 in succession (that im aware of is a very costly and possibly deadly practice if not done properly) is by using CO2 tanks and controllers as they are by far the most common used today. While they have a high up-front cost, they not only provide precise CO2 control to maximize yields, but because they can be used in a sealed room they enable greater security for the grow space.
As a reminder, it is important to note that when using CO2 tanks and controllers, CO2 leaks can be dangerous. Although CO2 is beneficial for plants - it is hazardous for humans. You should always ensure proper co2 safety detection for indoor grow spaces. If you were to really want to test the theory tho you could buy a co2 meter and see how much the co2 raises in the room when adding a exhale bag but co2 is meant to be used in a closed space. Also all that above being said before you add co2 you should have everything else dialed in first

2 Likes

Im also really eager to start my freakshow as well! Im thinking it’ll be around sept when i get mine in because my next run is gotta be autos and i already got the next veg 15 days in. Its times like these i think 3 tents arent enough lmao

1 Like

Haha. Geez. 3 tents. I wish I had the space for a bigger tent. If I can get a 4x4 I’d be set! 4 plants at a time would be solid. Or two big ol photos. I haven’t grown photos yet. I’ve got some killer strains from my good buddy and mentor @Graysin ! These are gonna be some bangers. :flushed::grin:

4 Likes

Those sound pretty tasty! I have a 4x8 for flower 5x5 for veg and 4x4 for drying. Which im almost tempted to turn it into another veg tent when not drying lol. Im growing 4 plants now in my 4x8 and its packed full. Got 6 in veg now for my mock auto run. Cant wait to see how those turn out for you! Im always eager to see people grow new strains i haven’t heard or seen and even moreso because a forum member here breeded them. The amount of knowledge here has no boundaries for anyone willing to learn its fantastic!

1 Like

@Graysin, where did you get the breath? Garlic breath, hogs breath? I tried running hogs breath here in 06, 07, and 08. It smelled amazing and then it would mold up like crazy from the morning go dew after Labor Day.

1 Like

My plants seem to love the co2 exhale bags. Co2 monitor shows an increase of 400-500 ppm with one and about 900ppm with 2, my space is kind small like 3ft x 7ft and 7’ tall. They last about 4 months in my environment.

I have a co2 meter, I have tested the exhale co2 bags and they most definitely produce enough co2 to be beneficial if used properly, while I agree that using them in a tent that’s continuously exchanging air is counterproductive, my grow room exhaust runs for 2-3 mins an hour, pulling air from up near the ceiling, co2 is far heavier than o2 settling near the floor of the room. With no bags co2 levels rest near 200ppm but with 2 My levels run 800-900ppm regularly, sometimes I’ll see a smidge over 1000ppm. Using nothing but the bags. I’ve grown with and without the bags, the plants with the added co2 always grow better hands down.
I’ve found it’s most beneficial to hang them directly over the plants and let the gas fall from above them, as the co2 is heavier than air us previously stated.

@Littlegrow
How awesome. Do you have a recent pic of the pool plants ? :potted_plant:

She was a Peanut Butter Breath, seed - a cross of Dosidos and Mendo Breath.

That’s nuts. Yeah this one smelled incredible, earthy and diesel with some nutty undertones, real weird but extra dank. My wife smoked it all in a week or less, it was a big hit.

No notable mold problems, even though the buds were pretty fat. I have only had moldy buds once, most of the strains I have are pretty hearty.

The offspring all smell pretty good so far, too. They’re not far enough along to have distinct terp profiles but I’m growing at least one of each of those I sent to Jonesy.

3 Likes

I think hanging out surprises me. I am always amazed how much the co2 goes up in just a few minutes when we are breathing on our plants. It will easily hit 900-1000ppm CO2. Or maybe I just breathe hard. Ha

1 Like

My plants do notably better when I spend more time with them. Ambient co2 in my house is 400-410. When I hang out in the room it’s in the 600s. I never spend long enough in there to see how high it would climb - my lights are intense enough to cause sunburns :joy::rofl::sweat_smile:

1 Like

And a pair of shades. :dark_sunglasses: :wink:

2 Likes