Fun experiment 7 autos in a pool

So tonight I just wanted to start something fun and not just the normal fabric pots I usually use.This time I went with a kiddy pool, fox farms happy frog soil in a 3x3. With a Marshydro ts3000 and 7 autos to just pack it out and try something different I’ve got 4 Tropicana poison xl, 2 strawberry cheesecake, & 1 critical + 2.0 so let the fun begin…I’ve also started in my 2x4 with 2 freakshows in 5gal fabric pots under a tsw2000 by Marshydro I’ll add pictures of it from time to time also

15 Likes

I just got a freakshow and critical+ 2.0 I will be dropping soon with my blue dreams I just got. I’ll be watching along. Interesting to say the least

2 Likes

Yea I hit a Halloween seedsman sale and already had a ton of beans between ilgm and seedsman so I said what the heck let’s try something different I hope it all plays out like I’ve planned lol

4 Likes

The critical and the freakshow were freebies. Just ordered blue dream off of Seedsman but the BD are from fastbuds

Obviously freakshow is from Humboldt and critical is from Seedsman

Always thought the k-pool would make a good drip pan for inside the 4x4 tent.
Havent tried it, yet. Living soil time?

3 Likes

Very neat. It reminds of a Bill Ward grow where he put a ‘lazy Susie’ under a large round board and he was able to access each plant by spinning it. That’d be cool to add under your pool.

10 Likes

What the H. Let it rip.

9 Likes

Extending the idea, the pool and dirt as shown could be used as a base, for multiple 3-gal bags, similiar to stalagmites

Good growing to you, either way. Sounds like a 2023 project.
40 inch lazy susan, 36 inc kiddie pool, 5 bags. good to grow!

5 Likes

When I first saw your post, I thought it could be your tribute to Stonehenge on this fine Winter Solstice.

:grin:

Looks like a fun experiment, I’m along for the ride!

10 Likes

I just died laughing…best comment goes to you lol…look forward to you following along

2 Likes

The plan is to see how this goes and then I’m going to reuse the soil after the grow and fill 2, 5gal pots and put right on top of the old soil and hopefully all the roots and all will go through the fabric pots and into the pool dirt that’s the thought anyway we will see how this turns out though

6 Likes

Thats a really cool idea. Im gonna tag along for the ride and see how this pans out for ya. Looks like your off to a good start

2 Likes

XKhMyMA53rIUdBWkGf
f5eJVqbtOSuvJk9Ww5
I am going to stalk you, too. What a fun experiment.

4 Likes

Don’t be putting your feet in the pool-it ain’t that kinda party lady!! :grin:

3 Likes

So quick 14 day update I’ve had 1 strawberry cheesecake and 1 Tropicana posion not make it but germanted 2 more and dropped them as replacements today so nothing to special atm and also in the 2x4 1 Freakshow didn’t make it so in its place it got a ilgm gorilla glue and all the ones in the pool were Fimed today

8 Likes

That is freakin awesome!!!

3 Likes

Yo this is so funny, I told my wife the other day that I wanted to do 4 monsters in a 200gal horse watering trough as an experiment with myco fungi. supply only one side of the trough nutrients and the other plain water and see if the fungi can help transfer nutes from one plant to the next.

4 Likes

Great idea!

Watering and defoliating back in the back recesses when it grows out ought to be damn interesting. And your plant spacing is perplexing.

But Daddy, hitch up them horses, I’m along for the ride!!

2 Likes

I saw a video where a guy took a bag of potting soil, made a slit in it and was growing a watermelon plant with the bag intact.

Interesting

2 Likes