Fun and Games in Colorado

I’ve seen industrial humidifiers that you die into a water line/hose used on Kijiji… New I think they are like 150-200

Yeah your not the only one haha… I think most of us agreed I was missing something and shiuld have spread some wings to get it a while ago but can’t rush perfection hahah

2 Likes

Nice bucks! Are they both 10 pointers? It’s hard to count them at that angle. That one, maybe 12? Regardless, nice bucks for sure.
So are you haveing a heart stent put in? Take care of that heart. That venison will make some lean meat as long as you don’t do like me and make 30 lb of sausage :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
Take care :v::green_heart:

4 Likes

My buddy’s whitetail is a 9 and mine is an 11 point. Josh’s muley was a 4 X 5.

I’m going in on Monday for an ultrasound of my carotids, followed by a ‘nuclear stress-test’; whatever that is. We’ll determine treatment after that.

Got them processed yesterday: all three of us plus my wife running the bag sealer. Looking forward to relaxing haha!

We have a dog that is diagnosed with terminal cancer and he’s keeping us busy. He’s not in pain but he is restless and we have to sleep in shifts to keep him from being too obnoxious. It is wearing.

6 Likes

Glad your getting the stress test, it’s important to keep and eye on your heart as cardiac arrest is one of the leading causes of death which 80% those deaths are preventable.
Basically a 15min job or bike ride while your all jacked up on a medication that makes you feel flushed due to your heart working hard.
Gonna see if the old ticker can handle it, or if you get pain/pass out.

My moms side has a history of death at a young age due to cardiac so I have to go for one when I’m 40. To much red meat, high saturated / trans fats, not enough veggies and not enough consistent exercise that is moderate in this day and age.
Remeber half your plate should be veggies and fruits!

Lol sorry the healthcare provider kicking in there, I need more meaningful experience myself stupid covid and Canadian winters ughhh

8 Likes

@Myfriendis410 @Nicky Stress test is simple I have had several over the years. At my age (73) I don’t take any chances. That Ultrasound is easy I have one every year. Good luck with your test’s, sorry about your dog

5 Likes

Wow, that was quick processing. I’m a little slower but usually it’s just me doing it. It’s definitely worth the tasty meat.
I’m sorry to hear about Dodger but glad he’s not suffering.
Good luck with the cardiac tests :v::green_heart:

4 Likes

We got all three finished today and brought the meat home for my share. Tomorrow we are getting half a cow delivered as well. Had to buy a new freezer.

5 Likes

Jelly I need a stand up so I can go get a moose and buy half a bison.

1 Like

Update 11/23:

GDP making up it’s mind to grow

DT/C99 outpacing them all

BBG about at the same place as the GDP

@ash93 here’s my journal

8 Likes

@Myfriendis410 Thanks Alan, Ive been lurking quietly haha. The DT is my fave ofcourse haha!

2 Likes

Looking good Alan. How are you liking the pots so far?

4 Likes

looking good and green

3 Likes

So far they appear to be as advertised. I could have done a better job of washing the hydroton but that will eventually clear out. I’m using the air domes too and the DT certainly likes the setup. Jack’s seems to be doing fine and need to adjust for a bit of cal mag but that’s all.

4 Likes

@Myfriendis410 They all look great, especially the DT!

2 Likes

Are they more hands off than when you grew hydro?

1 Like

So far, yes. Even a rez change is easier because there is less to mix.

3 Likes

@MattyBear @Covertgrower @dbrn32 (and anyone else)

My Mom’s strawberry pie recipe:

3 baskets of ripe strawberries (I prefer Albion) divided in half (ripest in one half)
Slice ripest half of berries and refrigerate
In the microwave cook the other half with:
1 cup sugar
4 Tablespoons cornstarch
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
Microwave on high until starts to bubble then stir every two minutes until mixture thickens and clears. Chill bowl in ice water to 75F or so. Fold in sliced berries. That’s the topping.

The bottom filling:
1 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
4 oz. cream cheese
3/4 cup powdered sugar, sifted
1 tsp Vanilla extract
Whip cream to stiff peaks, fold in cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla and blend well. It helps to use whipped cream cheese.

This goes in to a baked conventional pie shell, 9 inch. While I’m at it here’s my pie dough recipe:

340 gr sifted All Purpose Flour
1 tsp salt
1 Tablespoon sugar
1/4 tsp baking soda
Blend together and set aside.
Weigh out 7 oz of lard (1 cup)
Cut into dry ingredients until fully consolidated. To that add:
1 egg
2 Tablespoons lemon juice
1 to 2 Tablespoons water

Fully mix and wrap in waxed paper to rest before rolling. Bake pie shell 450F for 8 minutes covered (dry beans on foil in bottom) and 7 minutes uncovered. Be sure to pierce dough with a fork before baking.

Once pie shell is cool, spread a layer of whipped cream across the bottom and up sides evenly. Into that dump strawberry mixture. Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.

11 Likes

Mouth is watering! :stuck_out_tongue: Thanks man, I’m gonna make that soon and I’ll let you know how it turns out. :v::bear:

5 Likes

Looks tasty :grin: It looks like your GDP is a week behind mine. And following about the same in the looks department. She is much smaller than her room mate and are the same age. I flipped mine the other night.
A heads up Matt. It is pretty sweet if like his other pies :grin: Good, but sweet

The GDP is on the right. A bushy one

5 Likes

Looks like my secretary will be busy, thanks!

6 Likes