Fun and Games in Colorado

I have the bloom booster and I’m gonna use it next watering

4 Likes

Which one would you recommend? If you have time to put up a link…

2 Likes

Mkp is mkp it’s like cal nitrate or mag sulfate.
Buy it in bulk.

@imSICKkid well green gene recommends it so ide say that’s as close to offfical as unofficial is gonna get lol.
Hydro gardens Chemgro recommends it right on their website. @Myfriendis410 you could grab some from these guys they are cheap, quality, based in Colorado springs and been selling hydro nutes since the 60s

Ps I’m having a brain fart, these tds meters are they in 5 or 7 scale? Lol I know I know

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HCS44LY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_VjKbGb5YHMNZV

3 Likes

Looked at the plants this morning after two days at 1,300 ppm and see no signs of issues and new growth appears fine. It may simply be a case of having to activate autopots too early which didn’t allow complete root growth in the pot. That may have been what was causing defs to show. The smaller plant (BBG) is just fine while the two larger ones are suffering somewhat.

3 Likes

LOL, I get over 1000 and start burning my plants up. A heads up. I would start planning on how you want to tie the DT branches up for flower if they are like what I grew. I had to use yoyo’s on most of the branches.
Some thing I am now just noticing with my autopots. They like the ph in the 5.5 - 5.8 range more than higher numbers. At a 5.6 They will drink twice what they do with a 5.9 or higher ph. Some thing I am watching to see if it hold true for a bit. Your girls are looking good though. :+1:

3 Likes

Yeah that’s a down fall of turning the pots on to early I Geuss =(
At least you were able to grow them while away on your hunting trip better then waiting to come back.

I agree @Not2SureYet my plants like the 5.8 more than the 6.0 but from what I have learned about PH it has Alot to do with the type of nutrients ones using, the environment etc etc.
So for me 5.8 works the best

1 Like

@Nicky, yep :grin: It is the GH showing me it wants the 5.5 range right now. It would be hard to judge for the top feeders in Jacks right now.

What do you mean?

I’m interested to see how the GH vs the jacks does in the six shooter to that’s the biggest experiment going on within the forums for me at least.

1 Like

This is amusing:

The company that markets this is ‘Hydro-Gardens’.

I live in the boonies.

This company is physically located perhaps 400 yards from my house: I can see the building from my back yard haha!

5 Likes

Wait what?
You replied to @imSICKkid but I told you about hydro gardens sooo are you talking about the hydro gardens I was talking about?
Is this their actual place or just their marketing people?

They have wicked dry nutrients it’s differnt then Jack’s but heck if you need nutrients you might as well walk over there and pick up whatever you need. Mkp, cal nitrate, mag sulfate, potassium silicate and maybe try some of the chemgro :wink:

1 Like

It must have been you haha.

Isn’t that wild?

3 Likes

Yeah that is wild. They have good nutrients! Go take a visit when all this covid stuffs over.

If you can walk there i wouldn’t pay to ship anything else. When your jacks is gone switch to the chem gro. In fact, they may have all kinds of stuff you would be interested in.

3 Likes

I’ve driven by the sign every day for six months haha. Finally looked it up when their name was mentioned. Their sign is a little white rectangle stuck on a metal fence post, 2 feet off the ground and about 16 X 20" lol.

2 Likes

Pretty sure they are full service hydroponic and greenhouse supply. Pretty sure someone we know orders promix from them by the pallet. The 4-20 blend isn’t very well known here, but is tested among the industry. I wouldn’t bat an eye at using it, but I got my jacks professional blend and cal nitrate shipped to me for about the cost of it.

They also sell all that tweak and tune jazz, wouldn’t surprise me if they had the mkp in stock for better price than Amazon either.

3 Likes

Curiosity had me go check, 5# $14 lol. Have I mentioned on here people should buy their nutrients locally?

6 Likes

They do sell mkp and everything under the sun, the 4-20 isn’t well used but I’ve been using it for over 2 years and am happy.
They just use the chemgro name for a portion of it their parent company is hydrogens.
They also have potassium silicate.
As well as a stack of veggie nutrients taloired to each type of crop. @dbrn32 I wish I had a dry nutrients hydroponic company locally.
The hydro store in my town while great guys and they stock a decent amount of stuff Tailor to soil growers.
Green planet and AN is local but it’s still sooooo pricey compared the jacks or chemgro I can’t justify it.
However I did find that Canadian Jack’s importer so I’ll be buying my bulk from him going forward.

I really really want some Agsil16H, can’t get it in Canada though so I may be asking @Not2SureYet to do a little re pack and send later, as we may be lining up to run another grow off after this and he’s going to buy some heavyweight seeds.
@Not2SureYet when you do order them ill buy 2 seeds off you and pay for the Agsil16H + shipping of course. This way I cna finally have a decent silica product to use.

I’ve been using NPK Raw’s powdered silica dioxide 45% that’s diatomaceous earth and something else but they won’t tell. Me exactly what it is and are charging 20$ for 2oz so yeah not doing that much longer.

1 Like

Update 29 January 2021:

Rez change with MKP at 1,100 ppm PH 5.8

Not too bad for 3rd week of flower.

17 Likes

Looking good :+1:

3 Likes