Full Flower Eclipse Moon -- Seed Drop - May 15 -- Join the Fun

Full sun? If so, I’d give them at least a 4 ft radius, if you have the space. More would be better.

Go over to the outdoor grow category and check out some pictures. They can get very big in the right conditions.

4 Likes

Yes full sun for most of the day till evening they will get a little shade from a tree that is close to my garden. My garden is 40 feet by 80 feet

3 Likes

Everything is growing just nicely. If the birds stop stealing my seeds lol. Has to replant a few things because of it.

14 Likes

Impressive

5 Likes

Hey all, the first Full Flower Eclipse Moon Seed Drop is happening. I’m so excited everyone is getting in on the fun. Tomorrow (Thurs) I’m dropping seeds in water for planting on Sun. (Thurs water, Fri Paper Towels, the 15th in the peat pods. I’m going with three Mephisto testers (Fugue StatexForum Stomper x Forum Stomper, El Chemi Kiwi and Dougle Smile). They are autoflowers and I know really nothing about the strains.

Is everyone else ready to drop?

6 Likes

I’m adding my 1st ILGM seed too – a Gelato.

5 Likes

Just checked everything. I have everything I need, and am ready to drop!

4 Likes

Rock on – I’m working on soil today – getting ready.

3 Likes

Yep, I’m ready! Also decided that Sunday would make a good day to flip my lights on my 2 photo girls, get them ready for the prom!
Gonna be a fun summer!

6 Likes

@Impatient WOW! You are AMBITIOUS!

1 Like

I have decided that I will use 2 rows for all 8 of my girls and I will stagger them to give more space. Each row is 27 feet long. Between rows I think will be 2 feet which is why I will stagger them. First I will plant 12 rows of corn, then 2 rows of dew (family nic name of weed lol spelled backwards) then 2 rows of tomatoes. Rest of veggie rows will run opposite direction of those 3 I just mentioned.

3 Likes

@Impatient Sounds like a great plan!

1 Like

These just arrived today, they caught the red-eye flight from Oregon. I wonder, do people from Oregon call themselves “Oreganos”? :thinking: I’ll have to look that up.

8 Likes

Ok outdoor growers I got a quick question. My brother just told me that I can not plant my girls next to my corn or with in 12 feet of my corn because the corn will pollinate my girls and seed them up. Is this true? I mean I have heard of gorilla farmers growing in fields of corn. If this is true Ugg I have to redesign my entire garden again or not even put my girls in my garden.

1 Like

I don’t think cross pollination with corn is a risk. Wouldn’t that be sort of like a bear impregnating a deer? That said… I’ve been wrong before. :wink:

3 Likes

There may be other reasons not to plant near corn, but pollenating your weed is not one of them. @plumbdand has said he thinks his corn attracted caterpillars for him last year.

2 Likes

I grew around 100 corn last year right next to one of my greenhouses. Every ear of corn had a caterpillar in it. The MJ plant closest to the door was infested with the same caterpillars as the corn. I usually have a few caterpillars but nothing like last year. I hadn’t grown corn in a few years because of the corn moths ruining my corn.

3 Likes

Thanks to @Newt I just stumbled across this @GrnyGrows
Short notice but I’m gonna do my best to join in! So we’re dropping today, hopefully in the ground by Sunday?

2 Likes

I’m dropping on Sunday. Don’t need any Friday the 13th BS. :wink:

3 Likes

I like your style, that gives me a bit more time to decide between super skunk and dosido… lol,unfortunately that’s all that’s on my menu right now

1 Like