Full Flower Eclipse Moon -- Seed Drop - May 15 -- Join the Fun

Going to drop a gorilla glue #4 photo! How it goes good! :+1:

4 Likes

@GreenJewels Good times, indeed!

3 Likes

Oh shoot good call need to germinate first… thanks for the reminder about needing a reminder!! :joy::rofl:

2 Likes

Yep, in a shot glass Thursday night, paper towels Friday night, dirt on Sunday morn!
At least that’s my plan!

3 Likes

I’m right there with you… exactly my plan. BAM – we’re moonin’

2 Likes

@Impatient Here is that thread. Join in!

2 Likes

I got 5 seeds to drop and germinate. When should I drop them so I can plant them on the eclipse moon? Which is on the 15th correct?

2 Likes

@Impatient @Spudgunner says in a shot glass Thurs night, paper towel Friday night, and into soil Sunday morning. I just go directly into soil, so I’ll do that super early Sunday morning.

1 Like

I just keep it in glass till it’s time to put in dirt I have had no success with paper towels. The girls I got growing rn was in a glass of water for 6 days and they had really long tails and spouted out next day. I just mapped out my vegetable garden and going to get a bobcat Friday and dig it up. It’s 40 feet wide and 80 feet long. My girls will be adjacent from my vegetable garden.

4 Likes

@Impatient Wow! That’s a HUGE garden! Mine is a mere 25’ x 45’, and my girls will have to be in there with the veggies.

3 Likes

Go big or go home lol

3 Likes

I also have no luck with the paper towel and straight to soil works best for me!! So shot glass sat and into soil sometime Sunday then?

Wow impressive garden area you got there!! Can’t wait to see all the goodies you pulling out!!

4 Likes

Yes I’ll put them in a glass of water this evening and plant them directly into the ground Sunday. I need a big garden because I grow 12 rows of corn, 3 rows of tomatoes, 9 cucumber plants. As well as 4 different lettuces, bell peppers, banana peppers, hot peppers, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, spinach, collards, carrots, radishes, beets, watermelon, cantaloupe and pumpkins. I feed my whole family that all live in the city.

3 Likes

@Impatient Wow–that’s a great list of stuff you grow, and cool that you feed the family.

1 Like

That’s awesome!!! I have seeds for all of those plus some… but then realized after I got buy happy at the store I don’t know where to put them all so I’m trying to figure out what is most important this year… definitely cucumbers… I always wanted to make my own pickles :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

I’m a cukeaholic – I love growing them and making pickles. But, my gram’s Polish (Mizeria)
cucumber salad fresh from the ground is the best. Cukes, onions, sour cream with some dill weed and a little vinegar mixed in – oh my.

Mizeria is the Polish word for misery. The taste is wonderful, but the dish was said to make Queen Bona Sforza, an Italian princess who married Polish King Sigismund I in the 16th century homesick for Italy.

8 Likes

My seeds are soaking and coming along nicely. They should have nice long tails by Sunday.

4 Likes

Personally, I am taking Friday the 13th out of this equation, and will drop straight into a peat plug on the 15th,

4 Likes

@Newt I always just put seeds (of any kind) directly into soil, so will so so early Sunday.

4 Likes

Quick question. How far apart in my garden should I plant all 8 of my gorilla glue girls? I want them to have plenty of room to grow as big as they want to. I have a giant garden so they will have the space just need to know what is a good distance between each one?

2 Likes