Full canopy in tent with AC infinity fan

I have a full canopy of plants with an AC Infinity oscillating fan just to blow on the plants. Lights currently 18/6.

What’s the best recommendation for how often to have that fan on? I have a timer on it.

6 Likes

24/7 for fans and other forms of airflow.

8 Likes

24/7 won’t give them wind burn?

2 Likes

I’ve run mine 24/7 for years without problems

I’ve never seen an actual case of wind burn in 4 and a half years on this forum.

3 Likes

Why are you running it at night?

2 Likes

Just looked it up. Didn’t think plants transpired much at night but evidently they do.

2 Likes

I have 4 of those fans in my 2x4 tent. 2 above, and 2 below canopy, and they run 24x7.

5 Likes

It’s also possible for mold to form in a dark, damp environment with little airflow.

Don’t underestimate the importance of airflow.

5 Likes

I suggest two circulating fan’s on 24/7
Air circulation will be plants best friend.
Plants look beautiful keep up the good work.

4 Likes

You have to have the fans visually blowing the plants too hard for wind burn to occur

1 Like

I run mine 24/7 also in a 4x4 tent. I have 3 manual clips and 1 osolating going all the time. I do slow them down a little at night.

1 Like

I, too, received my AC Infinity fan a couple days ago. I love it ! It’s a kick-ass little fan! I did read, in their instruction book that it can be run 24/7, but powering it off may extend the overall life of the fan. I put mine on a timer that coincides with my light, but I have another fan running on low under the canopy to keep the air moving “at night”. This, combined with my ventilation system, provides enough movement to keep the air buoyant in my 4 x 4 tent. It should also be pointed out that good air movement helps to build stronger stems and elevate turgor pressure, helping to transport nutrients to cells - especially to the actively growing extremities of the plant.

6 Likes

I run fans above and below the canopy 24/7.
Transpiration during lights out… at first light check between two leaves that overlap. I always find moisture. That is why I run fans the entire grow and also remove large fan leaves as needed.

4 Likes

It just so happened I ordered one but received two of the infinity fans. I put the second one in right after reading your post. I figured your post suggesting two fans and the fact that I got an extra one was an omen.

As far as lifetime of a fan goes it is basically how many revolutions the fan can make before it dies. You will probably get slightly more wear per revolution at higher speeds. The way to increase the lifetime other than turning it off is to have it turning at the lowest RPM. I have mine set at low.

1 Like

Not a bad idea to kick them up on high when you start getting those large colas
To head off a problem with mold. I also keep Exhaust fan on 24/7
Happy growing :v:

3 Likes