Fruit punch auto brown leaves

Help new grower. Getting some brown spots on leaves. Using advanced nutrients micro grow bloom. 4ml per gallon of water. Soil ph is reading 6.9 with meter. 3x3x5 grow tent (1100) wat led. ![image|374x500](upload://p4

OSuvbcZU7S58hJsrXhs1EoP13.jpeg)

Leafs look a little floppy to eh…
Ph is right on the upper limit (not that this is causing your issue)
What type of soil are you using? And what’s the age of the plant?
Do you have TDS run off readings after a regular watering?
Looking like phosphorus by the chart, possibly mag but doesn’t look quite like it.

Yes watered them yesterday and in the morning the seem floppy. Fox farm strawberry fields about a month old. No tds readings not sure how to do that.

Welcome @Bsave76! Lots of great help here! You may want to fill out a ticket as it will give people trying to help you a better understanding. I will attach a link for you as well as another one for deficiency help.

Hope these help and good luck!
Jbum

2 Likes
  • What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
    fruit punch auto

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
    Soil fox farms strawberry fields

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
    Cloth pot

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
    Advanced nutrient ph perfect

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
    Do not know

• Indoor or Outdoor
    Indoor

• Light system
    Led 1100

• Temps; Day, Night
    Day 85 night 79

• Humidity; Day, Night
    45-60

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
    Yes

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
    Cool mist

• Co2; Yes, No
    Co2 bag

Thank you

I know I will get debate for this, but I think Advanced Nutrients are the problem. I wouldn’t use AN on my tomato plant much less cannabis. You’re the second person this month to show brown crusty leaves while using AN. I had the same issue when I used AN. I threw out my entire lot and switched.
I would flush and go with a very, very low percentage of feed.

Keep in mind, I did rant on AN without knowing your run-off or general PPMs! Sorry, just woke up, haven’t smoked yet LOL.

(Get a pH meter for checking liquid, not soil)

I have one has been 6.3-6.5 when I checked. Will check current water

The thing is; Even though you are using the AN PH perfect stuff…you need to know what the PH and TDS or EC is. Otherwise, you have no clue as to what is going on.

2 Likes

OK so if I did my test right now I am at 6.3 PH with a PPM of 312. EC of 718

OK so if I did my test right now I am at 6.3 PH with a PPM of 312. EC of 718

1 Like

Is that your numbers going in or is that your runoff numbers?

If you can give both sets of numbers your pH and PPM going in and coming out that could help

1 Like

I took 50/50 soil and distilled water let it sit for 24 hours and the strained it and measured it with a tds meter. Hope that was what I was supposed to do. Novice here

1 Like

It sounds like you did a slurry test. I have never done one of those yet but let me tag a couple others that may have @PurpNGold74 or @elheffe702 can either of you help :wink:

Great thank you.still trying to figure this out as I go. This is only my second try at it.

1 Like

We will get you help :wink:

Welcome to growing, and to ILGM! The rusty looking spots look like Calcium deficiency to me. What type of water are you using, and what is its pH and PPM before adding nutrients? You may need to use a Calcium/Magnesium supplement. For example, if you’re using distilled water, it has nothing in the way of minerals.

If your pH is 6.3, you’re right at the bottom end of the range in which Cannabis can absorb everything it needs. 6.3-6.8 is good, shooting for the sweet spot at 6.5. Calcium and Magnesium (as well as Phosphorus) are best absorbed nearer 6.5 and above, so you may not need to change much else besides the pH.

The photos I see are 6 days old. How are they looking today? Some of the droopy leaves look like she might be over watered, maybe heat stress? Can you post more pictures? We’ll get it figured out. Being an auto, she might’ve been stunted a little, hurting the end yield. But I bet you’ll still get some really great smoke, and I guarantee your next one will be even better! :v:

3 Likes

Distilled water. What would you recommed? If I did my run off test right. Watered till water came out of bottom and then measured the water my ph was 5.6 and ppm was 1700 ec was 3300. I have not been checking the ph of the water going in because advanced nuntrients said it’s ph perfect. But this time I did and it was low like 5.5. So on this feed info I adjusted to 6.5. Thank you all for the help!!

2 Likes

No problem! Let us know how it goes. :v: