FromTheSoil's First new tent grow

4x4x6.5 grow tent
7 gallon pots
Self mixed soil containing
Potting soil, both basic and moisture control,
Top soil, peet moss, Sand, Perlite, Earthworm castings, Coco Coir. Pond pebbles in the botom of each pot for drainage.
HLG 600Rspec
FGI UVA supplement bar
6" Hydrocrunch exhaust with carbon filter.
Self made inline intake.
2- 6" clip on fans
Dehumidifier

1- ILGM Gold Leaf photo
1- CropKings Sour Diesel photo
1- ILGM GSC auto
1- ILGM Amnesia Haze auto
2- ILGM OgKush auto

Seeds are in various stages of water, paper, Jiffy seed starting soil.
Only one of the OgKush has broke soil so far…

6 Likes

@FromTheSoil The OG said ‘Let’s get this show on the road already!!’ :seedling::green_heart:

2 Likes

If I can just keep them alive this time… lol

3 Likes

Still only the 1 kush has broke soil.

Is this seedling streching, it is 2 days old?

This sprout has been like this for 2 days now, it does have a healthy green color to it, it just hasnt broken soil level, I dont know. I have never seen this before…

Sprouts… only the 2 photos have not broke soil yet.

I really hope I have my tents environment stable this time…

1 Like

1 Like

The gold leaf ended up being a mutant. So I am replacing it with a GG4 photo I dropped in the water today. Otherwise they are all doing well.

1 Like

@Tylersays @PurpNGold74 @SilvaBack203

I can see the roots reaching the cup on a few of these. Is it time to transplant? They are still pretty small. All 1-2 weeks old. This one is like 10 days old.

3 Likes

I wait till they hit the bottom and start to wrap around it. Ideally you want them in final homes before they wrap too much as you want the roots to continue growing downward in the new soil.
I’d give it another week at least probably.
Some say start autos in their final home but I’ve had no issues with the cups myself. But I want mine to grow slow anyway! LOL!

2 Likes

I had such a hard time dialing in my tent in the beginning. I ended up killing so many seedlings. I feel like I have to do it this way because I dont know whats going to survive one week to the next. These are surviving so far. They haven’t shown much top growth in like a week but obviously they are getting their legs. I also learned that these peet cups are horrible for seedlings, they sap the soil of all its moisture. I still have a few seedlings in peet cups but I am keeping them in plastic cups to lock in the moisture.

2 Likes

Yeah - the peat pots suck.
I tried the little black plastic cells my first go and they were a PITA to get them out of and you just had to wait till you saw them at the bottom before you could do anything. They really didn’t give you much root mass to transplant either.
Now I do the clear Solo inside the red ones. want to protect the roots from too much light.

Yeah - it seems like it takes forever till the top starts moving at this point but as long as they’re green you’re good!

2 Likes

I say wait 3 more weeks before tranplant

1 Like

“do the clear Solo inside the red ones.” Definitely using that.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Seedlings are looking great man! Very healthy!
Is the symmetry of the leaves in the first photo by accident or arranged? It’s a great pic!!

Yeah - I can’t take credit for the Solo cup system :smiley: I just found it in my early wanderings on the site last year when we were preparing to go legal - FINALLY!
It works great! I use a bottle cap between the two to make sure any excess water could drain out and a bit of fresh air might make its way down there. I tried to find the smaller ones on like some water bottles. Soda caps are fine but seemed mighty tall in the small space of the cups. The smaller, shorter ones work better. It makes it so easy to check the cup for moisture % and root growth.

Do you dome? I’ve done it both ways and I can’t really see a significant difference. Maybe if I was in a low humidity area but here in the huge swamp of Virginia summertime humidity I’m good! :laughing:
Seriously - if you could bottle the humidity over Virginia in the summer and pour it over the Hoover Dam Vegas would be set for another 50 years! And they could go back to the best way of disposing of corpses - cinder blocks and chains! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Keep on truckin’ man!!!

1 Like

Bro that’s the DMV!!! I’m with ya!!

2 Likes

I have slight OCD. Lmao
I dont use domes. I tried but I feel like im smothering them. This time I just kept a closer eye on them. I really think it was a combination of the peet cups and high temps in my tent that was the issue my first attempt. Lesson learned. I did just purchase a humidifier for both myself and the plants. The Air conditioning dries my my place out.

Don’t we all bro? :rofl:
I always get it over the most unimportant shit too!

1 Like

I hear you. Thanks

1 Like

Most times you dont even realize your doing it until you take a step back or someone else points it out.

1 Like