From seed to weed a boy and his scrog 2nd try Girl Scout Cookies and Gold Leaf

Just a couple of days later and the girls are changing already they just zoom at some stages . Cant wait to see the difference in the roots at transplanting to see what the azos and mykos are doing for the root system .

7 Likes

This is a little late to add this but for beginners with questions about it all I do for germination is soak my seeds overnight in a ph 6.4 RO tap water . This time I am going to go straight into FFOF and so far it has not been to hot for the girls at all . My lighting is a 450 watt Meizhi reflector series and a 250 watt clf for a supplement . My watering is not on any particular schedule as I have time to tend and just water as needed . The only thing besides water they will get until I switch to flowering is to promote and feed a layer of a healthy Microbial interaction for the roots to feed the plant from . The first picture

is before watering the second is when I soak a ring of out side soil with water and additives . Then I only mist the part close to plants ( I feel this encourages the roots to reach out for more water ) third picture . The fourth picture is how I do my Co2 bomb . A couple of cups of vinegar in the bottom of a old milk jug 2 Tablespoons of baking soda in a square of toilet paper and drop it in and zip up the tent for a couple of hours with the fans off . It does sit in that tub in case it over flows then I just put the cap back on and drop more baking in next time till it stops reacting to it .

6 Likes

This is the same plant as the first one in the last post they changed quite a bit in 2 days. I think my roots may have started to find the bottom of the pot

6 Likes

I kept thinking the pot in a pot was brilliant. Now I realize you have pot in a pot in a pot. Impressive my friend! That’s a lot of pot.

14 Likes

Okay just loving the Gold leafs take off and the Girl Scout is right behind the roots are starting to poke out the bottom and only about 19 days ago they were in a cup of water waiting to go in the soil . Once again ILGM genetics and a minimal amount of time and care and we are almost ready to transplant

7 Likes

Nice ive really got to order some seeds just using up the rest of my autos first :smile::cry:

1 Like

Okay well the roots are definitely doing great picked up the plant to check bottom and this was there so I decided to go ahead and trans plant the following is that process

So I treated the hole with Azos and Mykos and stirred it in the bottom and retreated
Then sprinkled Azos on the roots
And got them in thier new forever home also sprayed the roots and inside the hole with Mammoth p water

11 Likes

Nice job showing the steps!

Looking good…

3 Likes

Okay now my theory that I got from a old grove stand worker for flowers is what I am trying out for the girls do you see the outer dry ring on the outside of where my fresh plant is ? That is all I will be watering for about 2 weeks to encourage the root system to reach out to find water and the occasional foliar spray.

7 Likes

Okay today is 21 days from first sprouting and just transplanted to 4 gallon pots 4 days ago and no signs of stress or shock really at all . So today I added my 2nd Meizhi 450w reflector and lowered the lights to 24 inches from plants . Tomorrow I will go from 24 hrs. on to 21 / 3 for a few days then 18 / 6 for the next 5 weeks after that . Only a few more set of true leafs to go and the fimming and training begins

8 Likes

Nice @Oldstoner looking good
How do you like those meizhi lights?
I was checking them out a while back so I am curious how well they work ?

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 I love these lights the 450s are better and there is a noticeable difference over my 1000 w off brand the plants react much better to them so I assume it is the spectrum of light offered as the true watts are 195 on Meizhi and 270 on the off brand . They are only on grow now when I switch to bloom they really do a good job.

2 Likes

Nice :+1: @Oldstoner
I’ll be watching to see how they do in flower
I’m good on lights for now but will need a couple more in the future lol
It never ends does it lmao :wink::+1::v:

2 Likes

@Oldstoner Nice grow you’ve got. I’ll be following your thread to see how the girls are doing. I’ve got 3 blueberry kush ladies from ILGM 24 days from germination. I grow in coco and CFLs so my vegging may not be as fast. I feed my ladies floranova grow. Your nute formula makes mine seem so basic. Can I combine some of that root stimulant with floranova grow?

1 Like

@skinnieboi10 you sure can the root stimulating microbes will work with any nutrients. They have no nutrients in them they just help the plant process the ones you are feeding it already . You really need very little to have a successful grow. I have wasted enough money on stuff that I don’t really need that I could have bought a couple of mix packs of beans if I weren’t such a sucker

for the next best thing.

2 Likes

What do you prefer? Fox Farm or Nectar of the Gods? I can get FF nutes locally, would have to order the other.

You say you spent more than you needed. I was planning on the basic FF trio. If I went with that line, do you think the other products they have are just money that doesn’t really need to be spent? Cha-Ching, Open Sesame…?

What is your own opinion after purchasing so much?..

1 Like

Can i jump in on this question
I do really good with the trio and Open Sesame Beastie Bloomz Cha Ching
With Mammoth P and Terpanator

3 Likes

So far I think all of them do a good job and I haven’t gotten far enough into the grow to give a informed opinion on the Nectar line but I have very high hope for it because they don’t use salt as a stabilization agent so you get no buildup . That whole line promotes a healthy Microbial interaction with the root system .

4 Likes

14 Likes

I have a couple of clocks that I don’t put batteries in. Gifts given because I don’t tend to keep track of time unless I have a set time to watch for. Both read 4:20. :smiling_imp:

It’s odd to me how relative time is. It’s why I stopped wearing a watch. I got tired of constantly being reminded that my life was being measured by the second.

I wait for that one day…

4 Likes