From healthy to DEAD overnight

Hi.this is my second grow and it was going great (I thought)and then yesterday morning my largest plant in a bed outside was gone. I grow outside in the Mojave desert. My holes were dug 3 ft deep and 3ft round. Soil was home made with lots of goodies Plus dr.earth. my water at times is high ph so I use ph down. I do complete organic and my strains are the church (seeds) and superman kush (clones). They all have been slow to grow.the prob started with paint like white spots…then burnt DEAD leaves. I had to pull up 3 plants and all the roots smelt ok and were white but they had strange white tumor looking knots m them??? Maybe that’s normal.i have 2 more plants that are looking pretty bad. Please help. I’m sending pics and the pics show more than I could see with eyes…spider mites

IMHO… It looks like some type of nutrient burn from that photo… But wait for others to comment… May be combination of ph water and what’s being fed but I grow indoors, not desert… Maybe @Majiktoker can add some input… @Countryboyjvd1971 @Hogmaster

1 Like

Looks like it maybe wait for @Majiktoker or @garrigan62 to see the tags you’ve could try de or neem oil but I’ve noticed most don’t win the battle using them
Both majiktoker and garrison have home remedies that work well from what. I’ve read i my self have never dealt with so sorry can’t be much help here
@michelkirwin

2 Likes

Thank you for acknowledging me . I appreciate help. I’ll help. I really don’t think it’s nutrient burn. if anything it’s under nutrient deficiencies. I feel only fish fertilizer and I probably should feed them more of something else but I don’t know what .like I said this is only my second grow and I still have a lot to learn. I hate to see them die one by one like this but I don’t know what to do for them. What ever it is…its fast. I’ve treated with need oil…started with hydroguard in case the problem is with the roots.still not doing better

3 Likes

Cool… I was thinking maybe homemade soil is hot but you would know exactly what’s in it… Weird that overnight it went sideways? @michelkirwin

1 Like

Don’t panic @michelkirwin
Just give the two mentors I tagged a little time
Second picture doesn’t look bad in the picture
It the weekend so we all like to spend time with the families they will check in
I’ll tag @Donaldj as well

2 Likes

Is it city water? Something may have built up some type of toxicity…?.. Gonna keep an eye for other responses, hopefully someone can help you at here! @michelkirwin

1 Like

Thank you. I think I took pics of the roots. I will upload some

1 Like

How did you get pictures of the roots @michelkirwin

That is the plant I pulled up. There was nothing left to save. What ever this is it killed this one in less than 24 hours

1 Like

If that is so quick definitely you need help from the big guys… But I think you need a support ticket first so…
Please fill this out!
1.) What stage of growth are they in ?

2.) What strain are they ?

Here, please fill this suport ticket out the best you can
This will better help us to help you…Thank You

COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?
Pt
What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night

Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you

1 Like
  1. Still in veg
  2. The Church. The ones I lost were auto bubble

Feminized seeds from UK
4.in soil in ground out side
5. No system
6. Ph of water with nutrients before i feed is 6.5-6.7
7. I have no run off but my soil after feeding is close to 6.7
8. I grow outside
9. Temps night…8t day 110…ouch. They have shade cloth

I also tag @latewood and @Donaldj, maybe they will see that is going on…
If I was you I will give them some grow nutrients (I don’t know what do you give them, what NPK ratio have that?) I also put this charts, maybe you will find the problem. I thinking to phosphorus defiency but please let them answer before you take any decisions!
Hope she’s gonna feel better!
thenug-EmylnsvVWO

2 Likes

Don’t know much but I’m thinking that those nodules on the roots might be nutrients building up and I might have nutrient lockout but I don’t know… thank you for your help

But that wouldn’t have happened all of a sudden overnight @michelkirwin… IMHO

You need a runoff that is likely the problem. They likely had a topic build up in your soil due to never having a runoff or not having a runoff to rinse excess toxins

1 Like

Just buy some fabric pots (7-20gal) next time and you will be able to get the runoff or flushing the soil :wink:

2 Likes

Hi…how do I have a run off if my plants are planted in the ground and not in pots…what can I do…there must be something I can do to save them

???

I’d like to suggest Root Knot Nematodes. Just a wild guess, but look at the pictures compared to yours.

http://www.missouribotanicalgarden.org/gardens-gardening/your-garden/help-for-the-home-gardener/advice-tips-resources/pests-and-problems/diseases/nematodes/root-knot-nematode.aspx

3 Likes