From GROW GUESSER TO GROW GURU

This will be my first journal. You will see the last few months of my GROW GUESSING, where I figured I could FIGURE IT OUT. Was I ever so wrong. Don’t let looks full you, these plants are mostly worthless so far.
LESSONS LEARNED:

1. Research EVERYTHING before not during.
  2. Keep an open mind.
  3. TEMP/HUM/PH is EVERYTHING.
3 Likes

I’m guessing this is how you do the grow journals…??? Anyway when I return home I’ll upload pics of the GUESSING GROW and fill everyone in on what led to the various shape and conditions they are in now! But I’ve got the munchies and it’s turkey time.

2 Likes

So here they are: what all can you find wrong? I’ve learned a lot though and that’s the only reason I’m following through to the harvest. Will I run into more complications, GUARANTEED! Haha. I think these plants have put me through every adversity, I consider it learning the hard way.

3 Likes

OK. Here’s the 411. Those plants are soldiers! From over/underwatered, being literally burnt from having heater too close, being burnt from lights, no reg bite schedule, hermies, early root rot, numerous defencencies, too much wind/not enough, a cat knocking them over when only 1wk into veg. And etc. etc. etc. this is where they are today. Not sure what day of stages they are on just know the one with buds is the lonesome survivor out of the first 4. The others are product of disasters(human error). But one smells good and is sticky now. DRASTIC TEMP/HUMIDITY/PH changes as well.

1 Like

GG#4
Now onto equipment and grow material info. I’m using a 600watt hps with ballast, 2-yield lab led !!! 2-6” clip on fans, a Hume xl 16hr cool air mist humidifier, and a portable a/c unit outside of tent doors blowing lightly into tent, 8x8 gorilla grow tent, inside of a small room. Only true air rotation is whatever comes through bedroom door when it’s actually open. And I forgot a 6” and 8” cheap, barely blows, exhaust fans. Exhaust from fans blows into same room, exhaust from a/c blows out door. No need for carbon system. HECK, I HAVEMT EVEN HAD PLANTS SMELL YET, haha. J/k one out of 10 is just now starting to smell really dank, be really sticky, and trichomes look great. I used roots organic soil this time, and don’t know if I will again, but can’t blame soil when I made so many errors. Used roots organic liquid nutes. No regular schedule. Grown inside of 10gal. Oxy pots. [quote=“rabbitt85, post:1, topic:58631, full:true”]
This will be my first journal. You will see the last few months of my GROW GUESSING, where I figured I could FIGURE IT OUT. Was I ever so wrong. Don’t let looks full you, these plants are mostly worthless so far.
LESSONS LEARNED:

1. Research EVERYTHING before not during.
  2. Keep an open mind.
  3. TEMP/HUM/PH is EVERYTHING.
    [/quote]
2 Likes

Growing marijuana is an art, and takes time and finesse to get good. If you got the passion then just takes time. Plenty of help on here to help you advance

7 Likes

@SKORPION, I’m very passionate about this. I’m barely 34yrs old and have been diagnosed with arthritis already. The pain in my hands, elbows, shoulders, etc. makes my job working oil fields, almost unbearable. I’m depending on becoming a guru of grow so I can continue to work doing what I love and continue supporting my family. That was my initiative motive, but I’ve become addicted to the good and defeating the bad of growing my medicine. First thing I check when I wake up and last thing I check before I go to sleep is my girls. I talk to them, I smoke with them, we even listen to music together. IM ALL IN.

4 Likes

@Hellraiser- as promised my own journal instead of jumping into yours for advice. PLEASE! Stop by periodically and check the grow and leave your awesome advice. For starters, since I’m starting new, what soil did you use for your gg’s? Is 10gal oxy pot too much space?

2 Likes

@Covertgrower, I will need your excellent advice as well, check on a newb periodically with your awesome suggestions and knowledge. I need this to work out good for me. I appreciate and welcome any and all advice from any and everybody! REMEMBER LESSON LEARNED-2. KEEP A OPEN MIND!

3 Likes

I try to stop by as often as I can. Questions laid out are easiest to respond to, if you have any.

@dbrn32, seen your name posted on another forum classifying you as the light expert. I’m wondering what light suggestions for every stage of growth in a 8x8 grow tent, hoping to be able to grow 8 or more plants at a time. Preferably

Alright, can somebody explain why the plant with big colas, excellent trichomes, almost ready to harvest, has absolutely no smell and no stickiness to it? PLANT HAS ATLEAST 30 days on all others.

1 Like

And this plant, which like said above is behind 30 days, yet…SMELLS DANK TO PERFECTION, STICKY IN ALL THE RIGHT PLACES, but pistols are dark red already like it is nearing harvest. When it’s barely been flowering about 2wks…??? JUST GENETICS??? OR???

3 Likes

I don’t know about that, but I’m happy to try and help. 8x8 pretty easy in terms of what you need, 4 lights that will flower a 4x4 assuming you intend to use the whole space? From there just a matter of what is most important to you. If you want something decent will probably be at least $700 per fixture. Latest and greatest in led tech will be more.

2 Likes

So another thing is starting to happen, I’ve noticed roots starting to surface. Now I’ve read that it’s normal, blah blah blah, but I’m thinking they are escaping an oxygen deprived bottom soil and coming up for air. Due to lack of planning ahead and researching I kind of packed soil into each pot a little bit. Therefore draining wasn’t proper, and I believe that led to early stage of root rot, so I’ve been drying them out for 3 days now, with fans blowing into holes on oxy pots, no water, humidity normal, temp running low 80’s (only for purpose of drying up soil) QUESTIONS LOOKING FOR ANSWERS ARE: Is my theory correct? What experiences have you had with root rot? What did it do/look like as far as not uprooting plants? Was you able to reverse it and if so how?

WHAT WOULD YOU DO? Thoughts on this plant fellas…tried roots soilless hydro soil and of course didn’t research or plan for it, figured it could be done normally, but nope. Short, absolutely no 5pt leaves, all 3pt, trichomes starting to cover leaves and leaves stems, starting to flower, green as hell.

Theories? Suggestions? Issues? Thoughts?
@Covertgrower
@Hellraiser

1 Like

Are you trying to flower it? Is it in veg? I need more information to give a direction.

Monster crop clones look like this, and it looks normal.

1 Like

Sorry about that. It’s a gg4 auto. I don’t know enough to try to force flower or anything. Only guess I have is I didn’t go about using the soilless hydroponic soil in the right way. But they sent me wrong bags of soil and I was in a pinch and used it. Would like to use it for next grow as well. But don’t know enough about it and internet is so full of mixed opinions I’m still stuck at knowing nothing.

Soil is probably fine. It’s going to be the light schedule that’s a factor here. If you’re giving them more than 12 hours of light, it’s probably stuck until you change it. Autoflowers are a hybrid, and you get a recessive photoperiod trait, and it won’t flower until you change the schedule.

4 Likes

I used FF Happy Frog in 7 gal fabric pots. 10 gal pots would be fine if you have the space for them but may be bigger than necessary, I pulled almost 8 oz per plant from the GG’s in 7 gals, they were plenty big enough.