From day 14 to 21, huge height difference

My exp with your kit. Ofc I used even less than it at those stages. First, sf 2k kit. Photo

Your plants are flowering, need to switch to a bloom fertilizer.

Yup
Looking like in flower☝️

So…that’s disappointing at 26 days…

Any lessons learned here? (Other than going with photos next time)

How does this happen so early?

1 Like

Autos flower when they feel like it and on their own time frame, when conditions are not that great and plants get off to a slow start for whatever reason then you get tiny flowering plants that won’t yield much.

Autos are not good for beginner growers. Go with photos, that way you get to decide when they flower and can grow them to a certain size and train how you want.

3 Likes

I read on a previous thread here, weeks ago. Said to plant autos in skinnier deeper pots and they won’t flower as fast. The roots initiate flower when the reach the bottom, was the idea .

2 Likes

So, I was under the impression they were photos.
26 days for an auto to flower is not unusual. The stretch and weak growth is. It looks to me like they spent all their energy reaching for light.

My money is on too low of intensity and too far away during seedling stage.

1 Like

That’s a good point. I never ran same kit under 60% ~30" above canopy was the lowest I ever ran it. I also dried up/light saturated the first two tho. Lol

+/- 4 weeks for auto to start flowering sounds pretty normal to me. Especially post transplant. I would say did exactly what is expected, and if you had plants that wanted veg longer they were probably helped into flowering by some transplant shock.

Slurry test is kinda useless here imo. Ph of small amount at top of your pot doesn’t really matter, especially in coco. What i feel important is that your ph through the pot is trending up and out of range for media you’re using. And your tds is too high.

I’m unfamiliar with this amended coco process, so I’m not sure what your best course of action is.

1 Like