fRIEDfRED Second Attempt - 2020 JournaL

Here is my newest version of tea brewer. Ya I’m cheap too haha

Started this batch last night that will do for 7 gallon of ro water

3 Likes

Awsome Professor :man_teacher:. Thanx so much for sharing. Gotta order the book. Got everything I need for the veg tea except molasses. I’ve seen a lot of ppl use it but never have. Can I use a substitute?

2 Likes

Brown sugar will work just not as effective and be sure it’s organic. The sugars are only in there to feed the microbes not plant. So don’t over do them and when ya see the foaming that’s when there working at there peak. Once foaming stops or slows down that means microbes are passing away too. It’s still great for plant then but won’t transfer as many microbes into soil.
I just hit a round of candy kush and I think I’m rambling on haha

2 Likes

No worries. I do that also. I think we need to change up on your name though. Thinking Madd Professor :man_teacher: Warkat.lolololol :joy: :joy: :older_man:

Thanx again for all the help.

2 Likes

Also if ya get molasis make sure it’s unsulfered

2 Likes

I’m free of the salt based chemical fertilizers

Its got what plants crave.

4 Likes

:joy: :rofl: :joy: :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

Funny, :joy: funny, :grin: funny video. I could use some electrolytes myself. Does that come in the form of :beer: :beers: beer?

3 Likes

Beer is 98% water. My wife always tells me to drink water when I’m drinking beer and I tell her it’s 98% water why do I need more water.

2 Likes

Yep :+1: likes me some :beer: too. And the other 2% is electrolytes :lying_face:.

2 Likes

I’m using an old aquarium bubbler with air stone. Probly not doing much. I think it’s time to upgrade!

2 Likes

Thanks Kat, cheap is my religion

Too funny @Member420 :joy:

Mmm yeasty water my favourite :beer:

4 Likes

Thanks again for the info and recipes Kat. I finally made time to study in a little more detail. Got a better pump kit coming and will pick up the unsulphured molasses in the AM. :nerd_face:

1 Like

May 8, :yum: Couldn’t help myself . . . After all the wonderful post I have read about Girl Scout cookies, I ordered ILGM Girl Scout Cookies Extreme Autos which are on sale for Mothers Day. So I’m waiting for arrival to germ a couple and put into the koi pond for an experimental aquaponics grow. I’ll probably put a couple into the greenhouse for my trial wintertime grow. Don’t expect much but this is just for fun and learning. 'Ya never know​:thinking::cowboy_hat_face::yum:!!!

3 Likes

Experimenting to me is one of the things that keeps my mind active. It’s just fun learning new stuff too.

1 Like

May 12, Time for some updates.
Everything looking good and occasionally picking off more spotted cucumber beetles (squish) but keeping them in check. Although this is all organics and bugs are natural these critters have a voracious appetite and just eat too much so squish . . . squish squish . . . squish, :joy: lol, :rofl:.

Yesterday I topped (not fim) the main stem on each of the JH plants and started LST by laying over and tucking the longer branches underneath the scrog net. I quess this is right, :thinking: not sure. Also started lightly trimming some of the lower branches and leaves. Didn’t want to stress the plants by trimming too much at once.

7 Likes

Looking good my friend :+1: :v:

1 Like

The GG Autos seem to be doing well. I didn’t use the tea I made as I had just done a top dressing using a blend of mulching compost, worm castings and a little bit of blood Meal. They seem to be fine and are starting to flower already. Yea​:yum::wink:!

5 Likes

May 16, Been out of touch for a while with :hammer: construction project going on in the house. Early AM Just went down to the GH and everything looking good. Bugs (probably the dreaded spotted cucumber beetles) are getting more aggressive and eating the plants. I’ll take updated pics today.

Tagging you in @Razzledazzle so you can follow along if you like.

4 Likes

Get some praying mantids, they will make quick work of those beetles.

3 Likes