fRIEDfRED Second Attempt - 2020 JournaL

Thanks @repins12, I’ve never done hydroponics and wasn’t familiar with hydroton so looked it up online. Looks perfect for what I have in mind. Just ordered some.

1 Like

Apologies for late reply, I’m on the other side of the pond :v:

There are numerous different styles and set-ups I have seen, basically, whatever works.

2 Likes

Check out the podcast “growing with Fishes” its cannabis based. Also, I don’t see why you could not use regular lava rock from the big box stores.

2 Likes

Mine is a flood and drain table, or ebb and flow, I always get those 2 confused. It is a 1000L water IBC, the water container is cut at 3/4 height, then inverted, grow bed on top, fish tank below, I can’t remember what interval he had the water cycling at, but you can set to your watering preference.

1 Like

Thanks for the more data :joy: haha input Enlightened. Sounds like a pretty clever set up.

I started prepping my pond today to make room for some Autos. I had a lot of overgrown variegated water celery growing everywhere in pots, out of pots and the roots had grown all the way down the well into the bio filters. I typically clean them once a year so today was the day! The pots were all charged with non fertilized river soil sitting about two inches in the pond water with massive root balls outside the bottom of the pots. The plants were loving it. Also found the pots were loaded with earth worms which surprised me.

1 Like

May 6, photo updates.
Jack Herer plants are doing well and no sign of fertilizer deficiencies. So far I’ve been able to keep the spotted cucumber beetles in check by inspection and squishing them when I find them.lol

🦍 Gorilla Glue Autos 

Didn’t really notice this until I saw the pics the closest GGa is looking a little yellow. I’ll check it again in the morning and probly give it a little nitrogen boost. Any opinions???

5 Likes

Small taste of Epsom salt or worm castings should do the trick.
What do you think Prof @Warkat?

2 Likes

A compost tea or castings top dress as enlightened420 suggested should do the trick.

2 Likes

Also, dropped the scrog net. Only reason I’m doing this is vertical height in the greenhouse is limited. Never done it b4 and not sure :thinking: How to begin or what to do next. Should I start trimming some of the lower branches??? Time to top again??? Grateful for any of your opinions.

It’s been a long day, time to relax and take a few tokes.IMG_0415

6 Likes

Thanx AAA, Enlightened, just did a very mild top dressing with blood Meal and worm castings and watered it in. Meanwhile I have a mild compost tea with worm castings brewing if needed later on.

2 Likes

:eyes: :eye::eye: :speak_no_evil: Shhh, this is a secret, don’t tell anyone…
When I am feeling lazy, or it’s an emergency, and don’t want to go to the trouble/time of brewing a tea, I put a couple of teaspoons of Worm castings into a clean milk bottle and whatever else it needs. Then I shake the bejeebus out of it, let it sit a while, shake again and strain into my watering bottle, check ppm/ph and adjust accordingly.
Then water as normal.
Don’t tell anyone they will get cranky at me :speak_no_evil: :joy:

4 Likes

That’s funny stuff lol :eyes:, Thanks for the tip. :lying_face: Gonna be hard not to tell :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Some people have these fancy elaborate tea brewing factories and me:

:joy::joy::joy: tea brewer is my next project.

5 Likes

Have you got true living organics book yet? My teas come directly from his pages he recommends 3 diff teas for 3 diff stages. In fact his tea blends work so well for me I have based the nutes I am charging my Biochar with the ingredients in his teas. My hope is that by have all the ingredients balanced in the amount of soil I’m adding to the char I won’t need to add any nutes at all during the grow. Ifv you don’t have it I can post his veg recipe for ya no worries.

1 Like

Rooms dark now so ill show ya the new one I made today, tomorrow. I love this thing haha. Tea brewer that is.

1 Like

Excellent, I need an inspired idea/invention, I’ve had so many ideas, but they keep intermingling

2 Likes

No I don’t have it yet. And yes, please post the recipe if you would.

2 Likes

I built one of these after budbrother turned me onto it.

4 Likes

Coming along nicely, they look like they’re loving their home!!

1 Like

Thanx Oldtimer, so glad :grin: I’m free of the salt based chemical fertilizers. What a difference. Last year I was torturing my little Autos and didn’t know it. Now, outside of watering once and awhile I pretty much leave them alone and so far they are thanking me. :seedling:

1 Like