Freezer conversion

They’re nice cobs, but there’s newer stuff of similar level of performance that you can get a little cheaper.

If you can get away from the expensive pin sinks, there’s some smaller cobs that would probably make a little more sense to run. Maybe something like vero 10 or vero 13’s.

1 Like

LOL I thought it was a refrigerator. you got a great idea.

I did this same thing with my first grow 3yrs ago. Damn, i wish i still had pics of it. It worked great and was so quiet and stealthy. Best of luck

2 Likes

I ran 2x300wt viparspectra led in a 30x30 fridge. I had an active intake pulling from a central ac room with a 190cfm filteted exhaust. I never ran above 83°F. the trickiest part is how and where to run everything so you have enough hight in the unit. My prob was running out of vertical room. If you are going to LST or screen em or do with a small strain you will be fine but if they shoot up on ya the light hanging down and the plant going up. I invested alot of time and energy into this and for my first grow it worked ok but after the fact i really wish i had just bought a tent.

1 Like

And the problem with running the cooling system on the freezer is they are designed to function and produce a much different humidity level then the plants will want. Thats at least what i gathered from my own research.

1 Like