Free growth in a forest

Wassup guys, I’m starting my own little plantation at home right now and I want to do full outdoor growth and since I’m in an illegal country I can’t plant them in my garden so my best option is some nice guerrila growing in a nearby forest.
I recently discovered this amazing place with a river and a really great soil (based on how alot of plants are growing early and greener nearby), so I discarded my previous idea of using my soil and my pot in a forest.
So my question is, can I plant the plants even if they grew in another soil? And if I can, how tall will the plants be if I let them grow free in an open space without any limit?

1 Like

Growth could be limitless. I’ve started many white widow auto in coco then transferred to a cornfield close to my house and have had good results

2 Likes

Yeah I heard that you can get up to 10lbs and even more in just 2 months of vegetation.
But the visibility will be incredible at this point, I think that a 8ft bush is pretty recognizable, with a smell that will resemble the jamaican forests.

2 Likes

You’ll need to plant them in an area with full sun. They don’t do so well under a canopy.

1 Like

Yeah there are a few spots without trees and open spaces, but since I’m near a river can I use the ground soil?

1 Like

Here in missouri people fish, raft and tube the rivers all summer long. They enter and exit all along for all kinds of reasons even on private property. Fish and game patrol those areas here as well looking for illegal fishing. Perhaps your area is different but I would not choose anything here near a river or stream.
Be careful friend.

5 Likes

I’m sure the soil a few feet into the woods are probably great for growing. The river soil might be too sandy.
I’d look for a spot that’s clear, off the beaten path, a short distance from the river. Don’t always walk the same way. You don’t want to create a trail that others might see or follow.

2 Likes

You might consider doing a pH test of the soil where you are considering planting. Leaves from some trees can create very acidic soil.

2 Likes

Yes I will pay attention to disguise it in the bushes.

Also dnr can walk up rivers anytime the feel and if they see a path they will follow it.

I’m not from USA I live in a small village so DNR and fishers aren’t a big problem for me. I will update you when I start my little plantation in the woods. But thanks to all for the very useful information.
Peace

1 Like

You can mix these into the soil to cut down on watering:

https://www.amazon.com/Medium-absorbing-crystal-polymer-Insect/dp/B0051V40AO

Hey @MatTheG, I’m also doing a grow near a river that cuts through my property. I’m going to start getting the area ready to put my plants out there soon. You mentioned that you were looking at an area where a lot of stuff was growing very well, I like to find out what those plants are and then find out what it takes to grow those plants that are already there. Also look for plants that will be good campaign plants. What might be good for that existing plants may not be good for the your plants. Just something that has helped me with growing guerrilla. Looking forward to seeing your grow!

1 Like

Damn man that’s a good idea to check other plants, can you tell me how do you recognize them? Because it could be very useful!

1 Like

To be honest, a lot of Google haha. I’ve become pretty familiar with what grows on my property so I know what to look for here. I really like to find a place with clovers, they bring a lot of nitrogen into the soil. My property has a lot of herbs the pop up on their own every year, basil, garlic, lavender, ect… you can always prep the area before hand. Before I worked on this property I would occasionally go throw some seeds out so the land would be ready. While I’ve never tried it, you could throw a bunch of tomato seeds around different parts of your land and see which grows best. tomatoes are really similar in the way they grow. Probably be too late in the season this year to get anything beneficial out of doing that, but it could give you a better idea of where to do it next season. Plus tomato seeds a lot cheaper to mess up:p

1 Like

Thanks I will try the tomato thing to prepare for the next year, but since the property isn’t mine and I’m doing guerrila I need to find a great spot with light and far away from any common path. Hiding it is currently my priority even if the terrain is not the best one I will always prefer a hidden place to a exposwd but fully fertile one.

Completely understand, growing guerrilla is a lot of fun. Be careful and good luck! I’ll keep you posted on my grow and follow yours!

1 Like

Yeah man I will check your growth too, hope for the best!

1 Like

What I look for (I fly over and watch video later) is the bend in a creek where it meanders in an east west direction so the North bank is sunny. If wide enough, 30 meters wide will give you 20 meters of usable sun-space on the south facing side, you can use North bank and part of the south bank. Nutrients flow along the river in spring as it floods from melting snow and the soil will be sandy but with a lot of organic water-holding material. Slash or burn the place to get rid of stalks and garbage from last year and be prepared to keep ahead of weeds who thrive in these spots. Don’t use weed killer even a few meters away from plants. Use muscle and regular tools. Remove a sod 45 to 50 (18 to 20 in) cm square and put it aside. Dig a hole about 60 cm deep (watch for water table sand has a wicking effect) and lay the soil on a piece of old tarp or tough plastic nearby. Take the sod you cut in step one and lay it in the hole upside down. Add half of the soil you removed and water it with 10 liters of local water mixed with Hydrated Lime. PH of the water should be about 8 to bring your soil up to 7. You need a tester and try it a few times to make sure. PH will drop as you fertilize it over the summer. A a small handful of shake and feed or 7-7-7 garden ferts (couple of tablespoons) mix it well Then add enough soil to fill the hole. As you fill, add one more spoon of ferts and leave the top of the hole lower in the center than at the sides or your water and ferts, or rain, will run off into the grass later. you can use water-soluable ferts at 2/3 strength every week 20-20-20 at first but after 6 weeks use 15-30-15 or 0-30-15 for flowering, same strength. Don’t fertilize two weeks before cutting. Use double your usual water during the last ten days. This means you don’t have to carry soil mix for 500 meters through the bush. When you get motivated you can do one of these holes in about 6 minutes total . Use a bunch of Tarp pieces and after all dug you go back and do the rest. Tarp pieces means you can just pull the dirt back into the hole and it falls in. Saves time trying to pick it up with a shovel. Do the holes early enough to allow the soil to become neutral. Watch for weeds and if PH falls below 6.5, a little baking soda in 5 liters of water will help. Baking Soda will also be necessary if your river water is less than 6.8. Just add enough to make water 7 then add ferts. Bubba Kush or Haze-Extreme will get you 300 to 500 grams per 6 to 8 foot plant 2 meters apart. Good Luck.

List item

3 Likes

Well goddamn that’s alot of information! Thanks bud, for the soil part, I think I will use my own soil since the one in the forest is really fucked up.