Freak or normal? 14 weeks to flower

This year I decided to grow (outdoors) 7 different types of cannabis, 6 of which were autos. The autos behaved the same except for one, the OG kush. This plant remained in veg for 14 weeks and only recently started flowering. What’s interesting is the flowering began at the same the two photoperiods began to flower - coincidence?
I have a 2nd plant that is 9 weeks old and it appears to have the same growth habit so I’m wondering if this is common or do I have some strangeness going on.

2 Likes

The autos will sometimes behave like their photo parent.
I’ve had one myself from a pack of 10 seeds. I’ve seen quite a few of them in this forum.
I think I may try and clone one the next time I get one that fails to flower under 18x6 Photoperiod.

Then I can say I cloned an auto flower. I haven’t seen any postings of someone cloning an auto!?!
If anyone has cloned an auto flower and was successful, let’s see a show of :raised_hands:.

3 Likes

Welcome @rustyjohn .

Don’t feel all alone. There have been quite a few reports of what I call “misfiring” autos lately. If indoors, the advice is always set lights to 12/12. Being outdoors, you are at the mercy of mother nature.

1 Like

Thanks for replying.
What complicates things is the #2 OG that is growing the same and it shows no inclination to flower even though the sunlight is just as short. In some ways this has been a plus because the #1 plant looks to have the best yield of autos I’ve grown. The downside is the #2 will likely freeze to death before it finishes. This bugs me because I think the strain might be defective - not a true autoflower.

4 Likes

@rustyjohn

I always fear the freeze. I have twelve outside now. Last year I only grew four and we brought them inside at night.

2 Likes

This stuff happens. It’s like having a red headed kid when both husband and wife are blonde. Auto plants are crosses of typical photo plants with ruderalis to give them the auto traits. Some plants are more like one parent and others more like the other.

3 Likes

It’s either a misfire auto or a seed got droped into the wrong bin. Im sure it wouldnt be the first time.

2 Likes

I hope it’s just a one-off. If the other OG seeds take 24 weeks to mature I’ll have to conclude the seeds were bogus, not as advertised.

I growed 3 wwa 1 was done in 90 days the other 2 went over 140 days just can’t never tell with autos

1 Like

I saw some that where cloned but they flowered at about 10” tall (same time as the mother)with a single cola looked cool though

1 Like

Update

@HMGRWN @BudzMS @fast-grow @SilvaBack203 @dbrn32 @ any one else I forgot

4 Likes

looking great, that one has the lean,. add alittle soil and straighten her back up

2 Likes

Running straight BLACK MAGIC for the pot I do two inches of the Coco coir great for drainage can’t wait !!! @BudzMS

2 Likes

Looking good man been out of it recovering from a crazy softball tournament weekend

2 Likes

Did you intend to post your update in someone else’s topic?

1 Like

i didnt even notice that

1 Like

Yep if you clone one flowering she will keep on making flower.

This is my topic @dbrn32 I started this a while back ago

1 Like

Not a huge deal but you do seem to have missed the mark a bit. This is @rustyjohn post. He is original poster. :flushed:

2 Likes

Oh man sorry just saw what happened

1 Like