Foxtailing? Pretty sure, but what should I do?

HAHAHA! Too funny!

1 Like

It wasnā€™t at the time :sob:

Much more careful now

1 Like

https://www.amazon.com/Frienda-Scientific-Dispensing-Multiple-Measuring/dp/B07BGXKXKR/ref=sr_1_20?dchild=1&keywords=paint+syringe&qid=1608410739&sr=8-20

And I have one of these:
https://www.amazon.com/Wilton-Dessert-Decorator-Decorating-Icing/dp/B003B3OK9A/ref=sr_1_9?dchild=1&keywords=icing+gun&qid=1608410685&sr=8-9

2 Likes

@caligurl yeah the colas are huge, the Zkittlez was pretty huge too, but the buds were very airy, these have some meat to them. Iā€™m not sure I will try to grow the zkittlez again, I probably will since itā€™s my fault it didnā€™t work out right, but I think this is more of what Iā€™m looking for. I believe Iā€™m about 6 weeks into flower at this point - I had this one 3 weeks behind the other, and this weekend was my harvest target of 9 weeks from 10/17.

Here are more pics - I tried to get some microscope shots but Iā€™m still not very good with it. I will have more time during the week to focus on working the microscope.

I do agree about the ā€œFlushā€ I really meant no more fertilizer starting this week or next, not a massive flush like blackthumbbetty discussed earlier in the thread.

mail cola

another big bud

main cola and other buds

down inside where there still are some green fan leaves

and some poorly taken microscope shots

1219a

1219b

1219c

1219d

hereā€™s the cola on 12/2/20 for comparison

1 Like

Woah! Fattening up indeed! Otherthan that, you are still a while awayā€¦ you have very few brown pistils. I even tried to find signs of bad foxtailing covering up old pistilsā€¦ only you would know if they are under there somewhere. If they are, you look at the trichomes on those buds.

@Caligurl ok sounds good, I hadnā€™t thought about new growth covering mature stuff but I will watch out for it, and check some buds further down on the plant where itā€™s not growing as aggressively.

I am still hopeful that Iā€™m about 3 weeks out because I have been waiting since September lol, but itā€™s not time to discontinue nutes yet regardless, maybe next weekend. I do have some purple pistils - the actual pistils not the hairs - itā€™s cool but surprising because I didnā€™t think this strain did that, but very few red hairs so far.

Thanks again for all the help. Iā€™ll post some more updates when I have something to show, but hopefully she keeps going ok even without the leavesā€¦ seems to be going ok now.

1 Like

@Caligurl @NugFlush @neofirebird @Nicky

Merry Christmas eve guys. If anyone checks in over the next couple days please let me know what you thinkā€¦ I do have a lot of red hairs on the older parts of the buds but still a lot of white hairs on the newer parts of the buds. I was going to discontinue fertilizer today for a harvest on 1/7 or 1/8 - that would be about 9 weeks of flowering. I donā€™t have many amber trichomes but I would expect to see a lot more in 2 weeks.

If it needs more time will 3 weeks of no fertilizer be bad? My PPM in my runoff was a little over 2000 2 days ago when I watered, so it has a way to come down and plenty of nutrients in the soil.

Anyway, this looks to be a much better quality than my first plant, and Iā€™d like to get it as right as I can. Please let me know your thoughts or anyone elseā€™s who sees thisā€¦

The coffee cup is for scale.

1224 trich

1224 trich2

1224 trich3

1224 trich4

a close up with the lights on a couple days ago, some light purple in the glands

4 Likes

Looking good! Itā€™s so hard to tell with the new foxtailing hairs so only you can get a good look at the older buds. With all the smaller leaves around the buds dying off Iā€™d say sheā€™s really close - it just depends on what you are looking for in your end product. It looks to me like itā€™s mostly cloudy in the pics you have.

With app out of 2000, IMO, you could star withholding nutrients or at least taper off. If she looks like sheā€™s ready sooner than 2 weeks, then just go chop chop on her!

2 Likes

Start flushing if you havenā€™t. Iā€™d pull those dead leaves off too. I had a gal foxtail like crazy but yet wasnā€™t ready like yours maybe harvest some now and let rest go for the rest of the month. Iā€™d cut it by new yearā€™s. :thinking::wink:

1 Like

Growers Con clave not working?? Tried. Net, com and org

1 Like

She looks good, make sure you limit the amount of lighting to avoid fox tailing donā€™t give to much light.
I agree with @Caligurl that you can start tapering off the feed, sheā€™s a while from ready not quite there yet so try and keep your feed 1200-1400 donā€™t let it drop below that until its noticeable your close to harvest but your hairs as well as bud structure tell me you still got 3 weeks or so.

Tag me back on the 30th and letā€™s take another look.just feed water for a bit and this will allow your plant to use up that nutrients 1800 is the most I run and thatā€™s alot youā€™ll find msot run even less so ide say keep below 1800

1 Like

@neofirebird @Caligurl

same here, canā€™t find it either

@Nicky

I just watered all water and Iā€™m back down to 1600 in the run-off already. Iā€™ll give it another dose of fertilizer the next couple waterings and check back in a week. I removed a 240 Watt panel and replaced with a 150 Watt already, Iā€™ll remove the 150 Watt Panel next. That will leave 240 Watts covering the entire plant, the structure surrounding the plant is 30 in x 30 in. I guess thatā€™s probably enoughā€¦

2 Likes

@Nicky @Nothingshocking
Do you like your wedryer? I was just looking at them when I saw this post, dose it really work that well and keep the smell down that much?
I have a little drying room build and was going to just buy another fan and carbon filter kit for it, but that would be the same 100$ I could spend on the wedryer xl

1 Like

@Coen3440 I only used it once, and the weed had already been drying a bit before I put it in there. My plant crashed about 3 weeks early and I wasnā€™t ready. I also didnā€™t use the carbon filter because my house already stunk from the plant drying in my basement for a bit. It dried it well, but I donā€™t know how much better or worse it would be than your proposed set-up.

If you get it, get the XL, it can hold probably 4 or 5 times as much, so easily worth double.

2 Likes

Yea I just read your whole thread, I thought that second plant looked like it was ready to me. Sucks about the roots being rotten.
All the stuff about making gummyā€™s was cool thought. I have so many bookmarks and screen shots to go through now lol. I have been reading for over two hours as it is. Did you say this was your first grow? Those plants looked really good if it wasnā€™t for the rotten aspect. I think your next run you are going to have some monsters.

2 Likes

I have used mine multiple times it comes in hand and I have the original really wish I had the XL.
Itā€™s nice and convenient although I much prefer a full tent setup with a humidfior, humidity controller, fan, carbon filter etc. This allows for longer drying periods which is ideal in the cure process.
When you have one plant done before the others and tents full it sure is a life saver!

3 Likes

@Coen3440 yes, this is my first grow in a couple decades, and everything is different now.

The GGA is still going, I gave it itā€™s last fertilizer 2 days ago, harvesting in 2 weeks. It looks much better than the first plant, Iā€™ll post updates as I get closer.

2 Likes

Yea this is my first indoor grow in 13 years. I think I am going to stick with it for a while though, I always loved growing.

2 Likes

Itā€™s been whileā€¦ updates?
Also, I just watched a very interesting video regarding nutrients for cannabisā€¦ it went into detail about how too much nitrogen can actually kill off roots. I still think your was overwatering but maybe combined with too much nitrogen? Just thought of you when I watched it.

1 Like

@Caligurl It looks really really good. Very thick and dense compared to the zkittlez. light purple and green pistols. the hairs are probably 75% red now. I discontinued fertilizer 2 weds ago. harvest next weds-sun depending on the what the trichomes look like. there is a lotā€¦ wish I could send you some for your help, lol .

from yesterday:

5 Likes