Foxtailing? Pretty sure, but what should I do?

@nugflush I was thinking just chocolates to start as I think that will be the toughest to mess up. Just hoping they turn out, about half the booze evaporated overnight, I’m thinking I may have used too much. Just looking for a good result this time I can try to build on for next time, and some type of yield quantity expectation from dry herb to qwet concentrate.

2 Likes

It took well over 2 full days for mine to evaporate. Just don’t let it dry too much. I think that was my problem my first time, the wax kind of turned little dried out. But my second time worked out better. I got right at 6 grams of concentrate from 1oz bud.

3 Likes

I leave a small fan blowing over the top and it evaporates a bit quicker. But it still does take a bit of time.

3 Likes

Yea…I did that too. But I think lil too much. Lol

3 Likes

@emgoldslo @NugFlush yeah I’ve got a fan going, I would be thrilled with a 6 gm to 1 ounce ratio.

Have you eaten the edibles yet? did the dosing come out as you expected?

I’m still not exactly sure how to judge the potency of the final product… If it’s 50% THC vs 75% that’s going to be a big difference in the final product.

1 gram qwet at 50% TCH would make 5 chocolate bars with 100mg THC each, maybe I’ll start there and sample for potency. I’m kind of worried I will give someone (my gf etc…) without a tollerance too much of a THC dose.

2 Likes

@Nothingshocking

I work mine a bit different because I test my tincture with TLC. Not sure if you’ve seen the review I put together on it or not.

It gives me the ability to dose my gummies with a little accuracy instead of guessing.
I just made 100 gummies at 10mg each. I ate 1/2 one last night just to sample and it was nice!

3 Likes

The edibles were good…definelty potent. Your bud had 50% thc? Are you sure you figuring things right. It’s pretty easy to figure out the potency. Despite others thinking we can’t do simple math…I’ll show ya to figure it correctly. Each gram of concentrate equals 750mg of cannabinoids. So if you only use 1 gram, then divide 750 by the number of molds(servings). I used 3 grams on concentrate. Which would equal 2250 mg. (750x3) And i filled 70 bears with it. So 2250 divided by 70 equals around 32mg per serving.

2 Likes

And the way I understand it. More potent weed might give you more wax…but apparently the cannabinoids of 750mg per, is a constant rule across the board despite the strength of weed. That rule applies for making concentrates. If you infuse it like into butter…then I believe the thc% does make a difference.

1 Like

@nugflush that’s what I wasn’t sure about… How reliable the 75% or 70% estimate is and how much variance to expect. I’m pretty sure the presence of plant matter that slipped through the filter will affect the concentration, but maybe not as much as I’m thinking.

I don’t think my weed was 50% THC… I was wondering if the qwet concentrate would be 50%, but I’ll go with 70% per your and Caligurl’s estimate.

@emgoldslo that testing kit is awesome, I didn’t see your review before, but now I’m pretty interested. I see one of those kits in my future, jeez it seems I keep blowing more and more cash trying to keep my weed spend down, lol.

1 Like

@emgoldslo I didn’t read your review yet. But definitely will. So sorry if you answer these questions in your review. But how much was the kit? Where ya get it? Thanks

@Nothingshocking

I have found that from Flower to Tincture to edible is about 30-40 percent loss of potency.

So, I decarbed 10 grams at 15% potency for 1500 potential grams of potency. Depending on how I make the tincture. QWET has a bit more loss so I usually double wash the flower. Just means more time to evaporate the alcohol. Some day an evaporator is in my future, but the are a bit expensive.

so 1500 X 60 = 900, 1500 X 70 = 1050

Final grams of THC is between 900-1050.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

@NugFlush

I paid $150 for the kit and bought extra testing materials for another $100.

Search cannalyticssupply

1 Like

Start out small. Wait 45 mins. And then go from there. Edibles effect people differently. I’d say I’m a verteran smoker, and even I still start small until I figure out the effects for me. Edibles effects some people way different than smoking.

1 Like

Don’t want to step on your toes but I’d wait up to 90 minutes before eating more! I just had a delayed reaction on a gummy, thought maybe it didn’t get dosed somehow and then 2 hours later I was glued to the couch.

5 Likes

Ok, it took a minute but the math clicked, thanks!

1 Like

@Nothingshocking So, the final strength/dose is based on weight of the final product. 1 gram of properly done wax has the same approximate thc content as the next. If your plant is 15% or 26%, your 15% will produce less end product than the 26%. does that make sense? The end product is not stronger if you use stronger plants.

It did take a good 2 or more days to dry. When you touch it, it should be sticky but if you lift the pan, you shouldn’t see anything liquidy at all.

I did filter mine twice however and yes, it is a slow process, I just squeeze it with my hand. I just bought the high end cheesecloth and plan on using that so I’ll let yo know how that goes. I was actually going to do another round on Thursday. I’ll take pics and let you know how it goes.

2 Likes

@Caligurl yeah, makes sense and thanks. I think I went wrong by using a coffee filter instead of just cheesecloth for edibles.

1 Like

How dare you question my authority. Lol :joy:. Totally messin with ya. You just proved my point…edibles effect us all different. I believe it was @MattyBear but he said he could eat a 250mg bar. Where as some people can’t function on 10mg. So why not error on the safe side and wait 90 mins? And make sure to put the edibles up after your dosing. Once the munchies kick in, ya don’t want to be grabbing the wrong cookies. Lol.

4 Likes

:laughing:

I just made my neighbor gummies that are about 100mg each. He eats 2 at a time! That would send me into a paranoid trip for about a week!

2 Likes

I was still learning the dosing process (and probably still am). But I thought my edibles were 11mg each. So I ate two, then two more 30 mins later. But I figured that with only using 1 gram of concentrate…when actually I used 3. Lol. So really my bears were about 32mg each. At four…that puts me around 120mg. I melted into the couch for 4 hours. Little too much for me. Lol. Sure did make my back better tho.:grin:

5 Likes