Foxtailing colas

So it looks like pretty much all of my colas are foxtailing. I read an article on here stating it is likely caused by either heat, stress, or genetics. The plant is two days till week 9, so not a lot more time to go. Should I let it finish and feed for one more week, or flush now?

3 Likes

They still have some time to go yet. Pistils should be brown.

3 Likes

@Covertgrower Will the fox tails just get worse? Was not sure if fox tailing was something that would cause an early harvest or not, but sounds like no. Thanks for the info!

1 Like

Not really worse, sometimes they do produce more for a couple weeks more.

2 Likes

Hey jstar, I had foxtailing on both of my first two Grows and I had read and been told maybe light to intense or to close. This time, I’m running the lights at a lower strength and farther away. “Knock on wood”, so far to foxtailing. Just my 2cents worth. :+1:t2::sunglasses:

2 Likes

@HappyHydroGrower light was my first thought as well. I have had some burned leaves as well. I have the light 24 inches away and dimmed to 80% so I am pretty surprised, but with the fox tails and a few burned leaves it seems a likely suspect for sure. I appreciate the thoughts and info!

3 Likes