Fox Farms vs. Speedy Veg - ILGM Gold Leaf comparison Journal 04/27/18

Hi, replied on break at work, no time for questions.

I have also noticed with FF nutes that I need to supplement with CalMg. Does SV have enough CalMg that you don’t have any deficiencies?

I’ve been mostly growing an Afghani strain that seeded on me because I didn’t get a male out of the tent soon enough when I was first starting out. For my upcoming grow I broke down and bought some Cindy 99 seeds. On eBay, no less!

I’m hoping that the SV, switching to organic bloom nutes, and better genetics will give me better results than what I’ve been getting, which are still OK. I just growfor myself, and I’m not a picky person, lol

1 Like

Hi Miss Lizzie, Speedy Veg is more of a mineral booster not so much a nute suppplement. The only time I had to add Cal-Mag is with the autos. However every strain has its own special needs. I use gypsum in all my grows and have had very good results. I think that I would still use the normal nutes. I like Fox Farms nutes but if I had the exter $$$ I would look at Humbolts Secret. I am currently using Golden Tree from them and (call me crazy most do) I have had explosive growth using that supplement. I am here for you any questions please don’t hesitate to ask.
@Miss_Lizzie have a wonderful day oh yea my Grape Ape seeda came from the bay as well.

2 Likes

Here is one for all the cola nuts out there. Ouya ota appyha appypa.

@highcountrygal @Mrcrabs @Miss_Lizzie @Happy_Pappy @SmoknGranny @raustin

4 Likes

Okay, enough bullshit! Maybe, just maybe, one day, you and I might become best friends. Right? Im feeling it. Do you get that feeling?

1 Like

I thought we were already, if I didn’t I would really feel uncomfortable messing with you. Meathead :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
@Happy_Pappy topsa eingba a irlga eatheadma. (LOL)

Just a couple of buds one weighs 2.5 ounces. Those came from Foxy Farms. It took 4 of us 3 hours to process. Once dried I will post the final weight. Next on the block is Speedy V. I am interested to see the difference in weight. I will then know if Speedy Veg is worth the extra $$$.
@highcountrygal @Happy_Pappy @Mrcrabs @FloridaSon @SmoknGranny Granny @Laurap @Miss_Lizzie @Countryboyjvd1971 @MBgrower

11 Likes

Wonderful grow just to watch! You got some georgeous buds on hand. Gonna have wuite the harvest. You are the 1st grower that . ive ever seen show their face. Interested in difference in weight btween the nutes.

Since I am following the regulations in California I feel comfortable with the pic of myself. Thanks for the thumbs up on the grow. Speedy V is just about ripe and she will be harvested in the next couple of weeks. I think she will be really impressive. After the harvest of Foxy F my whole condo smells like heaven. (At least my version of heaven) in the next few weeks I will be harvesting several of my other girls. And I think Rasta might just make the deadline for the braging rights contest she is really putting on the weight and might just might be a contender. Thanks again and God Bless! @Laurap

5 Likes

Have a wounderful harvest. God bless you as well!!!

2 Likes

Fine job there, Smitty. Seems like its been a long time since your first post. Im gonna get a tent by the first of the year. Glad for you cannibis friendly laws. Maybe ill get a chance oytside one day.

1 Like

Good looking weed! Tell me something, Mr. Greenjeans? Who helped you trim that? Mr. Feely?
Hey @Mrcrabs, how’ve you been? I think that our lives got busy at the same time. Miss you there, ole’ buddy!

2 Likes

Me too :+1: :hugs:

Yea I think things just got a little crazy. Been busy as a one legged man in an ass kicking contest. Me and the doctors and the plants the ebay store and side hustling not much time for much else. Me and the kids and grand kids did the trimming. Gonna need their help again at least 6 more times this season. Im gonna post the total yeald on Foxy F. Below. A tent sounds good but since its in a shed why not build one would probably be cheaper. Have a good night Eatma Eadha :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

6.2 oz of couch lock bud (3 hits and I took a 2 hour nap) and 4.3 oz of skunky trim total dry weight 10.5 ounces (those are 1/2 gallon mason jars). Not bad for a newbey. Special thanks to my friend and mentor @highcountrygal. Without her patience and guidance this would not have been possible. ALL HAIL THE GYPSUM QUEEN!
I put the teddy bear table cloth on especally for you @Happy_Pappy

5 Likes

Congratulations on a great harvest.

1 Like

Thank you, next one for harvest is Speedy V. I am anxious to see the weight difference. Speedy has some massive colas. Going to harvest her this weekend. Have a wonderful evening @raustin

1 Like

Here is a good one @Happy_Pappy this little gal is almost 8 inches tall and in full flower mode.

I really didn’t think this was possible. (LOL) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

Great job, @smitty87. Too bad your not a smoker. I bet thats hard hitting.

1 Like

Damn right. Party clothe.

1 Like

Gold Leaf #2 Speedy V @highcountrygal @Happy_Pappy @raustin

4 Likes