Fox Farms vs. Speedy Veg - ILGM Gold Leaf comparison Journal 04/27/18

Why would you want to talk to my Brother in-law? @Happy_Pappy

1 Like

So the girls and I decided that it was time for their new roomies to go vertical so vertical we went.

@highcountrygal @Countryboyjvd1971 @raustin @Laurap @merlin44 @Mrcrabs
@Happy_Pappy @Mitak17 @SmoknGranny @Newman444

7 Likes

Well just how lifting that is! @smitty87 so how many total girls? Is that color of the wall behind the plants it’s true green? If so my house is the same color!

1 Like

I think it must be the shadows that is making it look green. Just plain beige standard for the complex. Still holding at 6, 2 gold leaf, 2 purple haze, and 2 grape ape. Still thinking about those purple dragon seeds. I really want to get a couple of them going. Mabey next grow. @highcountrygal

1 Like

Nice setup, they look so happy all together.

1 Like

Ah, very nice and practical. I love vertical gardening, it’s really popular here in the city.

1 Like

Thanks, I went from 2/3 acre to a 15×30 space had to get creative.

Yea, why involve my dad?

1 Like

@smitty87 Good morning! I think my Purple Dragon is almost ready for harvest. I checked the trics yesterday and they are cloudy! So hopefully soon! My goodness your older ladies sure look big! I’ll check in later! Enjoy life today despite your crazy toe!

1 Like

My Purple Dragon @smitty87

I wish the camera could capture the purple better.

6 Likes

Again the only word that comes to mind is WOW. Nice growin!!!

Day 25: 05/21/18
The girls are growing at what I think is a rapid rate. Speedy V. is still fuller and a bit shorter than her sibling Foxy F. Been sprinkling most of the night as far as I can tell and they will be good on water for a while (yes I left the both of them outside in the rain and they did fine). Other than that I now see why ILGM called this strain Gold Leaf as the lower old growth leaves are turning a beautiful shade of gold, still waiting for them to fall off naturally. (no snip snip LOL). If it stops raining I will post pics later today. On to the weather see above it rained all night. (LOL)
Thats it for now…
Thanks
@highcountrygal @Countryboyjvd1971 @raustin @Laurap @merlin44 @Mrcrabs

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing but I have my own plant to concern myself with. Haveing said that, get a life! Lol You’d better take that pretty wife you’ve got out and feed her. You only have one.

1 Like

Is that what that picture was? I thought you were coming on here to learn how to get rid of those weeds. ( LOL) have a great day brother!

Day 28: 05/24/18 At this point in the comparison there are three main differences that I have noticed. First off the differences could be only a difference in genetics as brought to my attention early in this comparison by @latewood Forum Administrator~USDA Certified, and I quote “A side by side will only be accurate if done with clones that will exhibit the same traits and size. From seed you can get a look but, the 2 plants may have different traits due to almost all strains being hybrids.” Which is an excellent point. That taken into consideration.
The First noticeable difference is the amount of foliage The SpeddyVeg Gal is loaded with greenery as compared to the Fox Farms Gal almost twice as full.
The second noticeable difference was the amount of roots when they were transplanted. The SpeedyVeg Gal again was nearly twice as full as the Fox Farms Gal.
The third difference is the Fox Farms Gal is now 10 inches taller that the SpeedyVeg Gal.
Its only been 28 days but at this point I think its what you are looking for out of your plant. If you want more Greenery and a healthier root ball the SpeedyVeg in my opinion is as manufacture states “Maximize the Plants Genetic Potential? If you are growing cannabis it means large healthy plants that mature 20% faster with higher THC levels. That’s what maximizing the plants genetic potential means. It means your plant now has all of the nutrients it needs to do its job and grow the way mother nature intended it to. For example, if a strain of cannabis regularly tests a 20% level of THC, our growers would expect THC levels to be 22% or more." to early to make a statement regarding THC levels or 20% faster maturity but time and Mother Nature will tell.
Thanks again to HCG for all the helpful information she has shared with me on this comparison!
@highcountrygal @Countryboyjvd1971 @raustin @Laurap @Mrcrabs

5 Likes

Thank you! @smitty87 I just the other day read that same thing! I love doing ‘side by sides’ and right now I am seeing so many differences in my ILGM gals I have 2 of each. The Afghani is the most blatant in differences. One looks like a chrismas tree the other is short but more rounded, one’s leaf’s turn up the shorter one turn down. You will see so many things that make you wonder, that’s what I find so fascinating. End results are interesting as well, taste, high, smell.

3 Likes

Awsome comparison, look like Speedy has it goin on!!!

3 Likes

I think so too. I think that the more vegetation in the veg stage would be beneficial in the later stages as well. We will see I will keep everyone posted as long as there is still interest in this thread! @Mrcrabs

1 Like

I have a question for @raustin or anyone else familiar with autos. Is unusual for then to not have the small round leaves that support life in the beginning of their life? I have 2 bubble gum autos that are without those leaves. Thank you @highcountrygal @SmoknGranny @Countryboyjvd1971

2 Likes

@smitty87 Good morning! Are there other leaves yet? If they are perky, including the stem I wouldn’t worry. I had one survive being eaten to just the baby stem and she survived and grew to be my best gal!

2 Likes