Fox Farms vs. Speedy Veg - ILGM Gold Leaf comparison Journal 04/27/18

Watching to see how this plays out, @smitty87. I love experiments and data.:+1::grin::writing_hand:

1 Like

Sweetie, they look 1000 X better!

1 Like

Hey it is your post so post away. That is cool. The reason I ask about light is that to make sure the were the same distance from plant to light. I would think that would have an effect on stretching. Looks like you are covered thou. Looking good.

1 Like

They are looking healthy. Great job and watering comparison. Constant drying and wetting cycles help roots thrive in my opinnion.:+1:

1 Like

Love the thread will be following it will be an interesting outcome.

1 Like

Day 4 Update: 04/30/18

Time for another feeding will be going to full strength for this feeding per manufacture recommendations. I have an error in the beginning of this comparison. I stated that the Manufacture of SpeedyVeg recommended that you should feed every other feeding which is the same as Fox Farms Grow Big. That is not correct! The manufacture of SpeedyVeg recommends that their product should be used at every watering so that is what I am going to do. (follow directions for best results my error sry!)

Overnight temperature maintained at 70 degrees +/- 2 degrees
Outdoor temps N/A the girls will be staying inside today it is 59 degrees and cloudy.

Feeding SpeedyVeg 10 grams dissolved in 8oz straight tap water for Speedy V.
Straight tap water for Foxy F. (following manufacture recommendations)

Basically the same as day 3 Speedy V a little greener Foxy F. holding her own I
think that I will continue the 6/18 for another 14 days and switch to 12/12 and start the flower stage. I am thinking that Day 2 must have been a growth spurt due to their first taste of nutrients we will see.
More to come…….

Thanks for your interest.
@highcountrygal @Countryboyjvd1971 @raustin @Laurap @merlin44 @Mrcrabs
@Happy_Pappy @Mitak17 @Smokin_ernie @Mudcrab01

7 Likes

A side by side will only be accurate if done with clones that will exhibit the same traits and size. From seed you can get a look but, the 2 plants may have different traits due to almost all strains being hybrids.

2 Likes

Thank you for your input I was not aware of that. I haven’t had any success with cloning and this was just something interesting to do in my spare time. And for now a look will have to work for me.

Thanks

Day 5 Update: 05/01/18

Still not much difference they both seem to be drinking their fill and the soil on both seem to be drying about the same time. They both seem to be getting more lush and green. I am still of the opinion that the SpeedyVeg plant is a bit greener and maybe a bit more growth i.e. the leaves seem to be a bit bigger and thicker.

As latewood an ILGM Administrator stated and I feel is important I quote.

“A side by side will only be accurate if done with clones that will exhibit the same traits and size. From seed you can get a look but, the 2 plants may have different traits due to almost all strains being hybrids.”

These plants are Not clones they were started using ILGM seeds and the results may not be as accurate as I intended however I think a look at the results will still be interesting and I will continue as long as there is still interest in this thread.

Overnight temperature maintained at 70 degrees +/- 2 degrees
Outdoor temps N/A the girls will be staying inside today it is 59 degrees and cloudy.

No water/nutes today on to day 6

Side by side

SpeedyVeg

Fox Farms Grow Big
@highcountrygal @Countryboyjvd1971 @raustin @Laurap @merlin44 @Mrcrabs
@Happy_Pappy @Mitak17

10 Likes

Looking good my friend keep up the good work.

3 Likes

I am certainly interested…keep up the great work. I will be doing a pH experiment as soon as my clones are ready for it.

1 Like

@smitty87 Looking good, starting to fill out and looks like they are enjoying life!

I agree with latewood about plants being different. If you look at my buckets they are all labeled as a 1 or a 2. They will grow so differently and you will think they are the same? When harvest time comes I am very strict about keeping them separate, as if they were different strains. They taste different, smoke differently, dry differently. It is very interesting and an eye opener. One year I had a 1 and 2, one grew as a sativa and the other an indica. Crazy!

3 Likes

Thanks, I am interested in the cloning process and am going to start research soon seems like a much more inexpensive way for keeping the crop going.
@merlin44

6 Likes

That is certainly my hope…

1 Like

It is crazy, kinda makes me wonder what is really in that small zip lock of seeds I am paying for. Are you still getting rain down by the coast. It was coming down here last night actually woke me up.
@highcountrygal

1 Like

It’s still a very interesting experiment even if it’s not perfect. I can’t wait to see the outcome.

5 Likes

I think so too I’m stoked at the response that I am getting from the plants so far. They are doing much better than they were (These are the survivors of the little unexplained incident that killed both of the other plants I had going)

Thanks for the interest! @raustin

4 Likes

I’m in for the long haul :+1: so please keep posting :hugs:

2 Likes

I will and thanks for the interest. I haven’t had a lot of luck so far we will see how it goes. I was thinking that I might take a couple of cuttings off these to clone for a more accurate comparison we will see if these even get to that stage. (@highcountrygal I know, I know, I said I would restrain from clipping but it is difficult to change old habits. LOL)
Thanks for the interest.
@SmoknGranny

3 Likes

You’re welcome. I’ve been lurking since the beginning :grin:

3 Likes