Fox Farms vs. Speedy Veg - ILGM Gold Leaf comparison Journal 04/27/18

@smitty87 I do not know anything about autos but it shouldn’t be too hard. I think these maybe the true ‘leave me aloners’!

2 Likes

@highcountrygal Thats what I have been gathering from others here on different threads. I think I will let it germinate get a few inches tall and transplant into a 3 gallon grow bag and “Keep my Dirty little mitts off of it”. Thanks

2 Likes

No there not. They are true, leave me the Hell aloners.

3 Likes

Well then we should get along just with my hands off method of growing. From what I have been reading they respond better with 1/3 the recommended nutrients as well?@Happy_Pappy

1 Like

Zero nutes Smitty.

4 Likes

Wow that is impressive not sure what to say. She looks really good and with no nutes? Great Job! @Happy_Pappy

2 Likes

Day 13 05/09/18

New happenings in the lives of Speedy V. and Foxy F. they spent their first night outdoors I discussed this with my mentor (HCG) and I made the decision to leave them outdoors to see how they did. And as HCG said they were just fine. They are still drinking their fill twice a day and seem no worse for wear by staying outside. (Me the doting PaPa hardly slept a wink but kept them out there just the same) It is still hard to judge how much difference the SpeedyVeg is making. I seem (or they seem) to be bouncing back and forth with the amount of new visible growth they are experiencing. Still a crap shoot at this time. And now on to the weather: Last nights low was (I know because I spent most of the night standing out there with a thermometer LOL) was 60 degrees The forecasted High for today is 93 degrees and Party Cloudy (I will probably be standing by with an umbrella) and 30% Humidity I will be continuously be checking their water consumption and water as necessary.
Thats it for now!
More to come…….

Fun Fact:

The Best Climate for Cannabis Plants

We all know that climate varies from region to region, but what’s the perfect climate for cannabis, and where might a grower choose to grow indoors instead?
Outdoors, most cannabis thrives in climates akin to the Mediterranean region. This climate can be described as warm to hot in the summer followed by mild fall weather with minimal rainfall. Cannabis plants love the hot days followed by warm nights. The West Coast – California, Oregon, and some parts of Washington – best match this Mediterranean climate in the U.S.
In areas with more rain and lower temperatures, your choices of cannabis strains become much more limited. Certain genetics can grow in wetter, drier, colder, or hotter climates. Some regions have cold fall temperatures that require strains with faster flowering periods. Knowing your strain’s genetics is just as important as knowing the climate in which you’ll be growing.

2 Likes

Is she an auto flower? @Happy_Pappy

2 Likes

@smitty87 Good Morning! I can’t stop laughing at you spending the night outside! and with your umbrella! here is something you can do! Turn their pots through out the day, they will turn towards the sun, so they have to work at turning which makes them stronger. Sit and watch them move their faces! No helping them turn Eyes only! lol

2 Likes

Takes a special kind of crazy (on my part) to get someone to laugh. Glad you liked it and have a wonderful day! @highcountrygal

2 Likes

I think that I forgot to mention that it got kinda nippy out there in my robe and house slippers. (LOL) @highcountrygal

3 Likes

I can just see this in your robe and house slippers! The kind that light up when you walk? Just so you know this type of behavior goes away on your 2nd or 3rd grow!

3 Likes

She don’t know me very well do she? @highcountrygal

1 Like

At least you don’t have to worry about your neighbors thinking you are nutz! They know it!

3 Likes

Yea I removed all doubt years ago!

3 Likes

Is it cold this morning for your area? We are in May gray mode, just when I want to go outside the most. It doesn’t dawn on me quickly that I could put more clothes on instead of my ‘summer uniform’ jockey shorts and a tank top. And you thought you were nutz!

2 Likes

It’s about average for this area. Not too bad, put on some more clothes and get your fanny out there girl. Those girls are waiting on you!

2 Likes

I suppose I should go take their electric blanket off. Silly the Sativa is almost ready, maybe another 2 weeks and then my winter grow will be done!

2 Likes

I can hear them chanting from here “Feed us Seymorita”

2 Likes

They all look so perky like little popsicles waiting to unthaw!

1 Like