Fox farms triple pack

Hey guys, so I guess my question is will the fox farms triple pack; big bloom, grow big, and tiger bloom be enough nutrients for my entire grow or will I need to order some cal mag too?
I have organic soil with live microorganisms if that helps, on week 3 and haven’t had to add any nutes yet.
This is the product that I already have.
Twin Canaries Liquid Volume Conversion Chart FoxFarm Liquid Nutrient Trio Soil Formula: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom (Pack of 3-16 oz Bottles) 1 Pint Each + Twin Canaries Chart

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07TH2FMP3/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_P4PSKQ2RCZJJTDAZJW3N?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1?tag=greenrel-20

1 Like

If your going with organic soil and you have been building the micro biology you have to decide weather you want to keep going organic and use dry amendments or liquid nutrients. I’d recommend dry amendment’s that way you just need to add water And compost teas and you don’t have to flush. But do your research and if you choose liquid nutrients your going to kill that micro biology. Happy growing bud!!

2 Likes

The soil I bought came with the microorganisms already in it, so I didn’t have to spend time building it up or anything.

1 Like

If ur doin organic grow dont use the trio from fox farm get some down to earth products or jacks 321 or Gaia Green

4 Likes

Thanks for the info and the suggestions, I’ll probably go with molasses to feed atm and then when the plant starts to show a deficiency I’ll switch to the FF for this grow as the organic soil was pretty cheap so I’m not worried about wasting it, and can’t afford to order a bunch more stuff either to keep it all organic.

2 Likes

Start them on ff trio about 5 weeks in at about half doses for the first week or 2 that should get you to the finish line at the very least

2 Likes

Yes those 3 will do you just fine. :+1:

4 Likes

I use those three and cal/mag. I feed everyday and just cut in half what is needed.

3 Likes

I’ll echo this no matter what you’re growing in. All I ever achieved with the Trio was nutrient deficiencies and headaches. There’s no Cal or mag in any of them (or just not enough). There’s no blend included in the 3 to provide sufficient Potassium or Phosphorus during flower once your plants work through what’s in the soil.

They have a tendency to lead to excessive salt buildup so you have to water to runoff EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Which in turn means you need to feed every watering or every other watering to prevent ph issues. Which means you use more nutrients.

The labeling is confusing at best. Full strength is 2 to 4 times too much for most plants for weeks 1-8.

Anyway, from a fellow FF trio user, don’t do it. If, like me, you’re stuck with it, just be prepared to use supplemental P/K and CalMag along the way and get tired of excessive watering.

2 Likes

I don’t use bottled nutrients anyway

Yeah, I know you’re organic in a mix of stuff. The comment was meant for the OP. :v:

2 Likes

Totally agree with @Graysin !
FF is a very aggressive program and can give you great results IF… you keep to their flushing schedule. It WILL lock you out if you skip them. That’s a guarantee.
AND keep a close eye on your run off PPMs. If they’re not dropping DON’T feed!!!

I swear FF was developed for outdoor gardens. It’s very aggressive as I said, but the intensity of the sun and, hopefully, natural rainfall to wash the soil seems to keep it in check.
I had great results in Happy Frog and FULL schedule outdoors with only “rainfall” flushes.
Inside I had nothing by issues from the get-go.

Can it be successful indoors? I have no doubt!
Is it a TON more work than other nutrient systems? Most definitely!!

I know anything that’s worth it requires work, but damn! It doesn’t have to be THAT MUCH work!

Best of Luck in your grow!!

4 Likes

@Tylersays @Graysin @Aussie_autos
Guess I’ll need to go order some Jacks 321 and some Cal Mag… any particular cal mag brand better than others?

I’m also only mixing my water in 2-3 2.5 gal batches at a time.

You don’t need cal mag with 321. Two of the 3 parts are literally calcium and magnesium.

5 Likes

You can get a 7lb kit on Ebay for less than $50 if you want to give it a trial run. Although with the small amount you actually use it’ll take 2 years to burn through that…on my 4 at a time max lol! As if! LOL!
There might be a smaller 2lb set available also.

You can also add MKP as a flower booster for the first couple of weeks after you switch to flowering.
And if you add microbes do that AFTER the water is Ph’d to the proper range.

You also need a gram scale to get good measurements, but you can use a measuring spoon set too. There are conversion charts available online and it’s close enough tbh.

Good Luck Bro!!

2 Likes

I saw a 2lbs one on Amazon, looks like someone just separated the big bags into smaller ones for resale. Lol

I have been PHing my water before doing anything else with it as my city water is a bit high (mid 8s), and the micros came in the soil already, so not much I can do there. I do have a gram scale already too.

2 Likes

That’s what the guy on Ebay does. Mine came in regular gallon sized ziploc freezer bags with printed stick on labels. LOL!
It’s legit though.
Jacks sells the kits complete or individual bags of each part.
and Epsom salt is just Epsom salt. You can buy that at any drugstore OTC.

2 Likes

BTW - Ph the water last - after everytning but microbes(if using) is mixed in.
The chemical fertilizers will change the Ph of the water. No sense in Ph-ing before you add since you’ll just have to do it again.

3 Likes

That’s why I use FF every watering and use a third of what they say. I also use cal mag every time because it seems they want it or I get yellow leaves. I set my parents up like this as well and we have good results.

1 Like

Yeah, FF is very light on magnesium. Especially if the plant is under good LEDs. I couldn’t handle the constant flushes anymore so I moved on.

3 Likes