Fox Farms Trio w/ A Pot For Pot Super Soil

I’m back for my second grow. This time I am trying to use nutes the entire grow. I am currently using A Pot For Pot Super Soil (basically Living Soil) and I am thinking about using Fox Farms Trio Nutrients. I am assuming that it will be too hot to start right from the gate with nutes. When should I start the treatment and how much should I use? Once again, I am assuming I should not use the recommended dose, since a lot of people talk about burning autos by using the chart amounts. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Don’t do it

If you’re intent on using the FF trio, use 1/4 the recommended dose and be ready for a pain in the neck. I used the trio on my first grow and will never go back. Switched to the Jack’s 3-2-1 nutrients by JR Peters. It’s Part A, Part B, and genetic Epsom salts from your nearest pharmacy. It takes 3.6 grams A, 2.4 grams B, 1.2 grams Epsom salt for every gallon of water and you can run your nutrients full strength from start to finish regardless of medium. I use it for soil, hydro, and coco

6 Likes

:point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2:agree on the strength of 1/4 dose. A lot of cultivators have made the switch to jacks myself included after a couple of runs with the FF trio. The flushing required is a pita! I’ve also grown using the pot 4 pot and it’s basically a coco blend a lot like the FF coco loco. It’ll feed the plant for about 4 weeks with PH water only then it’s nutrient time :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I’m on my third grow and bugs grow nice but I don’t get the skunky smell or taste I’m using LEDs growing aquaponics indoors in a tent

4 Likes

Give them a few more weeks, what strain by the way? That’ll tell how dank the sweet smell will be :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

All I could find online was a hydro 3-2-1 or bulk for like a grand. Are there soil options for just a few grows? I’m not trying to be a kingpin.

1 Like

Oh I see. The hydro formula works for soil types as well? Thanks!

1 Like

Yeah let me link the ones I’m talking about specifically. eBay has cheaper ”kit” versions but I got 25 pound bags and I’m set for a while.

Jacks Hydroponic 5-12-26 Part A Fertilizer https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CWXTJ6X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_J7Z7E20VJSG5EZSYN8G3

Jack’s 15-0-0 Calcium Nitrate 25 lb. Fertilizer - Part B (1) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CY62XXP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_4Z0M43NXFKP9G8MT0EVE

Amazon Brand - Solimo Epsom Salt Soak, Magnesium Sulfate USP, 8 Pound https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NJPMVG9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_HDG2320AEWH4HFE2FRX1

2 Likes

Thanks for that, man. This is my second grow. The first one went really well, but it was an all organic grow with hardly any nutrients. I was just focused on learning how to grow (lights, watering, positioning in grow room, etc.). This time around I want to focus on increasing my yields, but I know nothing about nutrients so I appreciate the help.

1 Like

GSC Extreme auto and Purple Punch auto. Sorry, I just saw this.

1 Like

Okay, so I decided to go ahead and use the FF trio. More or less because I already bought it and the old lady is getting a little irritated with the expense of my new hobby. I have also decided to do a third plant in a fabric pot with FFHF and perlite. I think I’m just going to let the other two go with the cc and super soil with no nutes (maybe use the three veg and flower nutes from FF, I don’t know yet). This brings me to my question. I see how to mix the trio nutes (and the other three as well) but am I just supposed to water with the container of the trio in it whenever I feed? Obviously, im not supposed to feed the whole gallon at once so im assuming I am supposed to just water normally? Im a little confused.

1 Like

I mix up a gallon of water with nutes at a time
And divide that gallon equally between all plants. Then if no runoff, I’ll mix up another gallon. And feed equally for that one. Then if no run off, repeat. Usually my veg plants didn’t take much more than a gallon at a time.

@Graysin covered it…definitely to run off with the FF trio and start with 1/4 strength. What medium are you planning? The FF trio is notorious for salts and minerals settling in the root zone locking out essential macro/micro nutrient uptake, the run off will help with this and the recommended 30 day flush. I used their sledgehammer for this. I eventually dropped the FF nutrients and went with a simpler, cleaner more cannabis friendly nutrient line :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

The one that will be getting the Trio is FFHF and perlite in a fabric pot.

1 Like

These are autos by the way.

1 Like

That’s a great amended soil, you should be good with PH water for at least 5 weeks. I grow both autos and photos and basically grow them the same except HST/LST. Training on my autos start sooner and follow the same defoliation schedule as a photos just sooner do to the early flower stage. I’ve been fairly successful with autos and have tailored the same methods used on photos :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Here is my grow so far, not many issues with the FF Trio and Open Sesame, plus Cal-Mag every feeding. Did a fairly serious defoliation over the past few days and trying to do a decent job on LST. It’s my first real attempt at that. All comments and/or suggestions encouraged.

2 Likes

Day time temp is always 75-78, night time temp is usually about 66-68, RH is 45-50%.

1 Like

Looking great so far. Nothing to add without just going down the “unnecessarily nitpicky” rabbit hole, which is generally not helpful at all. :joy:

You’re doing awesome. Be mindful of your RH as they progress into late late flower and keep the airflow going, your ladies will make it through :100::v:

2 Likes

I fed them all last night and here they are!

3 Likes