Fox farms ocean forest soil has bugs in it

My question is that since we have to give nutes in flower stage anyways why even bother with ffof and it’s issues.
Why not just get promix PH and buy 1 extra grow nute…since unless your growing out door with good soil you have to feed regardless…

I like ffof because the first month or two are just water and go.
Also, I use organic nutes, which don’t do as well in coco based media.

Promix HP doesn’t have any coco in it…

2 Likes

Sorry, I misspoke. You’re right Sometimes I forget the specifics.
“Soil less” not coco
It’s peat based, not coco.

Earth juice nutes don’t do as well in “soil less” grows.

2 Likes

My local company is advanced nutrients, they even have a designed line for coco…
I do like the idea of not adding nutrients till after their done the 1.month auto flower veg but I hate gnats and bugs…

I have a bag so I’ll give it a go here and see how it does. If I find it a hassle might just switch to promix HP

I’ve experimented with small plants in 1 gal containers with ffof, and it is possible to go from seed to harvest without anything but water.

1 Like

Hmm maybe just buy some cheap general all purpose bloom fertilizer with a low nitrogen content and give it a go… On a budget grow and see how it turns out before I spend almost 150$ on nutes

1 Like

Haven’t had any bug issues with this soil in 2 years. I like this soil because you dont have to use any nutes except cal mag for 2 months maybe longer. So its just easier and quicker. It is especially good for growing autos because you really wont have to add any bloom nutes at all if they flower in at least a month. Mixing the de powder helps so i dont use anything but ffof.

1 Like

Thnx for that yeah I want autos because of the system I have going

1 Like