Fox farms experiment

I got a bag of ocean soil from fox farms so i put 1 of the 2 slow growers in this soil to see if it will catch up or even surpass the other 3 in Nector of the Gods #4 soil. Now the one in ocean forest has what looks like a burn on the lower leaves. Yall let me know what yall think it is ![

2 Likes

A lot of people say FFOF (fox farms ocean forest) is a “hot” soil. So it most likely is. Unless you’re spraying the leaves when the light is on. Could be burn from that. Only do foliar sprays when you turn your lights off. Or at least that’s recomended.

5 Likes

I figured it was from hot soil but actually it was from the last soil i used when the seed 1st popped so hopefully it has build up an immune to hot soil. Ive been giving distilled and ph water from the start also i bought fox farms happy frog for the seedlings from now on to transplant then ill use FFOF

2 Likes

That’s what most recommend to me. But I just put right into the FFOF to see how they do for me. Seems okay so far. And they say you womt need to feed nutes for like 6 weeks, usually till flower. I’ll be getting more and just sticking with it straight.

3 Likes

Ima wait till they get 6-8 inches then ill feed them nutes or at lease another 3 weeks which it would be close to 6 weeks from seed so which ever comes 1st

1 Like

Bim new and this form is confusing. Like i know u must have pics of ur babies but i cant seem to find ur page. How can i do that?

1 Like

I dont have a page. I just post them on threads.
You wanna make sure you got a ph meter and a TDs meter. And use them to figure out when to feed and to ph after you put your nutes in your water.

2 Likes

Oh, and welcome.

1 Like

i use ocean forest but i scoop out a little in the middle and put a seed sprouting potting soil in it so my seedlings are not really in the ocean forest but grow into it

6 Likes

I’d like to follow and see how it goes for you using FF Ocean Forest. For my first grow I used Happy Frog all the way through, but I’d like to change it up. Now on this second run, I’ve started the seedlings with Happy Frog and plan to transplant to 7 gal pots filled with a mix of 3/4 Ocean Forest and 1/4 Happy Frog

2 Likes

i am curious, why do you want to mix to 2

3 Likes

My WW phoyos are growing in a 50/50 mixture of HF and OF, with the ocean Forest being in the bottom half. Like you said in your previous post, I let them grow into it as it is hotter than the OF. Two are over 9’ tall in the greenhouse in 5Gal pots.

5 Likes

I understand that FF Ocean Forest is suppose to be a “hot” soil and could possibly be a little too nutrient rich for seedlings. Could burn them, and it could not … but I don’t want to risk that. So I start with Happy Frog because the mixture in that soil is great for seedlings until I’m ready to transplant to my forever pot (which will be filled up with mostly FF Ocean Forest to end with more of a 50/50 mix. Ocean forest being on bottom in order for the roots to stretch out and grow into the new nutrient rich soil. And with that, you shouldn’t have to feed any nutrients until you flip to water. Simply give your girls water only when you water until reaching flower.

4 Likes

With or without the HF you can just water till flower from what I hear. It’s really just a preference thing. Some plants like the OF as seedlings, some dont. My AK is doing just fine, but my zkittles is a little yellow around the edges. The ak is also like 2 or 3 inches out of the soil and popped like a day or 2 ago. The zkittlez didnt pop till like the next day and is barely opening or growing. Both put into soil at the same time. It’s on the plant and the grower. Either way, I think we can all agree their great soils for our ladies.

3 Likes

You’re exactly right brother. One thing I learned over the course of my first grow is this: Your garden, your grow. So you make the rules. Don’t let anyone tell you what to do, if you don’t agree with what someone is telling you to do, don’t do it. Take everything here as advice and opinions, people are here to help.

5 Likes

I should correct what I typed
I let them grow into it as it is hotter than the OF. I meant to say I let them grow into it as it is hotter than the HF

2 Likes

It’s to “hot” for youngins. Use Happy Frog instead

2 Likes

I used Happy Frog now and the plants did well and recovered from too hot of soil.

Looks like you are getting water on your leaves be careful of that.

2 Likes

Got those also been feeding ph water :100:

2 Likes

Heres my link to my youtube grow channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNSb17bRIratvt70F2CiBVQ

1 Like