Fox farm soils and nutrients

Almost looks like it got too hot. @Myfriendis410 @Covertgrower @kellydans

2 Likes

Were they exposed to high temperatures?

2 Likes

I went back and looked at your previous pictures plants look nice an healthy ,Leafs standing straight out. And now all wilted down. Also a little bit of Nute Burn. My first thoughts you mentioned flush some of the droup could be from the over-watering. I would back off feeding right now go with pH water , an try to get it them to perk back up. Next time you do water to run off catch a pH and PPM sample.

4 Likes

@LandShark @Covertgrowe lights were to low and I made them higher now they are bout 16" above canopy where before maybe 5 inches. I backed up on beastie bloom powder. But like I said I’ve done the same to all and 3 are fine no burn no drooping…but these 2 I have that problem…

4 Likes

kelly dans is right

1 Like

@kellydans I flushed them leaves that were burnt are dying off but the two started growing out the buds again…i just dt kno how to continue feeding them. The fox farm dry trio seems to b problem w these 2 bc the other 3 are fine but are a different strain. I have a quick ?. Can I heat like 2 cups of water to get dry trio to dissolve? I find more on bottom of feed bucket. When I mix 3 gallons of water i do three xs of liquid nutes but only 1/4 tsp of dry bc it’s so hot. I did it the way the directions said to and now look at my plants. Should I lay off on dry all together for just these 2? I think from now on im not gonna mix strains. I have some blkbry kush seeds like 3 i think I’m gonna do them by themselves. I’m a old lady on quarantine until enough other ppl do vaccine bc I won’t do any. But that’s another story. I appreciate u taking the time to help me.

2 Likes

I will say this I have used warm water to dissolve lime an watered in a little to get my pH back up. I would think by dissolving it would be available to the roots quicker. Personally I would check my runoff PPM and pH before I did anything. That will Get You On Track what you need to feed and how much. Hope that helps you good luck.

2 Likes

@Kyliegirl146 When you get time, head over to autoflower dot net and go to the nutrient and additives forum. At the top of the “sticky” heading is a thread titled “The way of the Fox” by FullDuplex. Give this thread a read. I found it informative and thought it might help you out some.

I would’ve hot linked to it but we aren’t allowed to link to other forums here.

3 Likes

I agree with @Spiney_norman. I do a ph water flush if you where feeding any veg nute get some of the remaining nitrogen out. You will want to back off nitrogen and start your desire bloom schedule. Just how i do things :blush: happy grow good luck always. I use all fox farm products

2 Likes

@Growcoast this is what I did…i was fine until about 3 weeks ago…i have 3 that have a little burn but not much they are purple train wreck. Nice buds not a problem. I have 2 that are super lemon haze…those 2 are the ones that got bad nute burn i believe. I flushed them w sledgehammer and ph’d water double the amount. Now that was last week. I fed ph’d water for one feed and I did another 2 days later with ph’d water. Now yesterday I just used BB GB TB kelp and I didn’t use the dry bc it seems thats where the trouble comes in. But idk why. Any suggestions? I do have a question thou i can’t seem to get dry trio to dissolve, i always find most of it on bottom of bucket. Can I heat a small amount of water and dissolve it in that so it does dissolve? I’m glad u use the same as me so I can occasionally pick ur brain. Btw I use everything on fox farm schedule.

2 Likes

Good morning @Kyliegirl146. Once burn hard to recover. Now all you can do is flush let dry out and i would let pot get a good dry For few day and on 2nd or 3rd day hit with some molasses. I use 1/2teaspoon per gallon mix with warm water to break any nutes that you mix and sit for atleast 12hrs. I ph my water let sit amount of time desired and then mix nutes and ph and tds and usally since my water is ph well out faucet I don’t have a big problem. Ask @Covertgrower hes got alot of knowledge. Just this works for me. Happy growing

2 Likes

1 Like

@Growcoast thank you and Good Morning to you as well. This is what I did and it seems to b working. I flushed w sledgehammer and boomrang…let plants dry out about 3 days. Then water ph’d water and after 3 days…i fed at half strength w some bembe. Some of leaves are purkey again. Some are just done and I’m letting them die off. The problem is I had some seeds that were bought last year and my friend gave me 3. So I started out w eight. Now I have 5. One was a male one got burnt alive in a tent w roommate watching it. I believe all she was doing is watching it grow into light. The third died at seedling. So I was left w 5. I’m just gonna feed those two 1/2 dose so it doesn’t burn anymore. I have about 5 wks left with those i have 2 that should b done in a month maybe less and one that flowered late will take longer. Next time I’m gonna grow the same strain not more than three plants. My city water isn’t any good I use spring and add calmag before other nutes! Thank you and please b safe and Happy Turkey Day!

3 Likes

I also think something with light AKA heat stress to close you said. Just pull back and see what happens.

2 Likes

@Covertgrower Good evening, I was told by someone on this thread to ask u about nutes. I just have a question or 2. I use fox farm but I burnt 2 plants one not so bad one fair. Pics are posted. I explained above what I did and they are coming back meaning buds are starting to grow again. I moved lights up to bout 16 inches above canopy. They got a little hot. @Growcoast said something about mollassas. How and why do u use it. Do u use it bc plants injury with burn. Do I use mollassas and nutes? Or is it one or the other? Ok once leaves are injured thats the way they stay and not gonna get better. His thread is a cpl before this one. I dt understand why it has to sit 12 hrs. I google it but there’s lots of reasons so now I’m more confused than I was before. Thx

2 Likes

I only would use molasses in ur case. @Kyliegirl146 after u have flush just to reestablish some micro life in the soil “REJUVENATE” soil. Then start your feed schedule 1/4 to 1/2 of ur FF. LIGHT HEIGHT is good u ask the right growmie @Covertgrower. Happy grow good luck.

2 Likes

Use 1/4 strength according to the instructions. That should help, adjustment may needed later to increase strength.

This feeds the beneficial bacteria in the soil.

You can. Won’t have any negative affects.

Once they’re injured they don’t recover. Watch for new growth.

3 Likes

each plant is different im still learning how to feed lol i feel like im just now understanding how to these past 2 weeks

Ik these aren’t great pictures, but they got to hot. I caught it in time. I can’t bring lights up any higher. One plant stopped growing and just started again. I can tell by pistols. But the 2 with big buds are just turning cloudy. I’m in 7th week of flower. I gave them molasses with watering feed and I lightened up on nutes. But these leaves will never recover but the bud is in good shape. I just stopped big grow so now I’m wondering if I can just use ch ching. I’m trying to give them as less of something that I can. I’ll continue to give molasses til the end. Next grow im gonna try Jack’s 321 with bloom and finishing. Less likely to have all this burning. I do it every time. This time isnt as bad as others. Idk what to do. U are very helpful.

2 Likes

Chaching would be a good choice, you’re near the end of flowering, but I still see plenty of white pistils. I would continue until they’re about 90% brown, then just water until 95% brown. Then you can consider options of when to harvest. If you need any other suggestions or clarification just tag me. Happy to help when I can @Kyliegirl146

1 Like