Fox farm soils and nutrients

Cant see well 1st pict too much color. Can you get pict with lights off, use flash or white light?

1 Like

@LandShark Should i clean up bottoms of plants where light doesnt get instead of picking off dead leaves

Yes. Cleaning up the bottoms is always a good idea. Helps with airflow too. Just don’t go crazy, better to do it gradually than all at once.

@LandShark
This one the lights dt reach the underneath part of plant. Im gonna post new pics. These are 3 weeks into flowering.

The last 2 are alot smaller

Have you tried leaf tucking yet?

@LandShark yes but this is what I’ve found after the last couple weeks in flower. The leaves that dt get light are dying which is right. I’ve read a lot during this stupid lock down. So a lot of the bottom leaves are just dying. Leaves on canopy and maybe 3/4 down plant leaves are nice and green. I did cut off small sprouted branches bc they will never get buds bc theres only partial light. But they look pretty healthy. Buds are fattening up now. Next watering is a fox farm flush. That usually gives them a shot of boost in bud production. Sry im rattling. I got to go vote! When I come back im gonna bring lights up higher. Be safe

1 Like

@LandShark i have a question? I have 2 different strains. Purple train wreck and super lemon haze. They are at 3 weeks flowering. Ptw have fatter buds than super lemon haze and they are suppose to b autos but i dt think so…they aren’t growing fast enough. But slh dt seem to b as fat. Skinner and I’m trying to find out if I could b doing something wrong? But if I were the ptw wouldnt b so fat…idk it’s been such a stressful time

I wish I had an answer! If you’ve made it to flower then I’d say your’re doing alright. As to what you think each one should look like, all I can think of would be different pheno types within the specific strain. As for growing fast enough, you could look up the breeder and see what they have to say about each plant. I’ve done that before, it may give you the info that you’re looking for. Hope this helps!

1 Like

3 might b autoflowers idk…i guess I just grow them until they are half cloudy and half amber. I do kno if it’s super lemon haze leans sativa. It’s a tall plant and shaped like a Christmas tree. I cut all the bottom twiggy branches. Bc they dt get kno light. I flushed them today bc I use fix farm products. I’m trying to find something less expensive but idk what that might b.

1 Like

Powder /granular are more bang for your buck, you aren’t paying for water. Look at Jack’s 3-2-1 or MegaCrop. There are others but those come to mind and are very popular.

2 Likes

@LandShark i think I’ll try Jack’s. I read up on it and it sounds a lot easier than fox farm. I still can use ocean forest? I just like feeding just ph’d water during veg stage.

1 Like

Yes, you can still use OF.

@LandShark i woke up today to nute burn. I bought some jacks 321. Can I start now or do i have to wait til grow is over. I’d like to try to fix the nute burn. I’ve backed down on fox farm products but it still burned. The powder trio is really hot. I flushed plant. It’s 2 plants the others seem to b fine. Only the sativa is burnt. The other three are indicas and are fine

1 Like

Yes, the FF dry trio is pretty harsh. Which one did you use and how much? I’ve never switched nutes mid grow but I would think a good flush and switching to Jack’s would be okay.

I used beasties bloom 1/4 tsp per gallon w rest of regime according to 7th week on this chart. I’ve got a friend coming to put some hooks in ceiling for lights. I think light might b too close.

the only soil i grow in is ocean forest. first 25 days nothing but RO water then start adding some big bloom and cal mag for a week or so then i finish them off with tea made from the ocean forest soil kelp bonemeal and some other good stuff.

2 Likes

@Dirt i was using the ff schedule but the trio keeps burning just one strain. I do good w hybrids and indicia but sativa are temperamental. And every time I get nute burn but the purple trainwreck are thriving. I did the same thing for all. Idk I’m confused. I’ll post pictures when I water tomorrow

@Dirt @LandShark idk whats up with these 2. These are super lemon haze. I thought it was heat so now my lights are 16" above tallest cola. I watered them bc I flushed them on Friday. Idk what else it can b. It gets calcium. I’m asking you 2 bc I have no idea

Without good pictures I have no idea

@LandShark sry! I’m a idiot! I have them I just dt kno how good they are

4 Likes