Fox Farm Ocean Forest Soil low soil pH

That is probably the main reason I wouldn’t have transplanted. That will often stall them causing to flower at undesirable size. More so than ph being a couple tenths lower than nominal anyway. Hopefully you have a strong plant and won’t be an issue.

1 Like

I saw on mattys post you were looking into a water only grow. Didn’t want to gum up his thread so I’ll post it on yours. Check out kind soil.

I’m on my first grow with it and on week 1 flower. Only issue I have ran across was them saying distilled water works with their system. It doesn’t, lol. It leaches calcium from the plant. Since switching to tap water it has been a breeze. I just add about 1/2 gallon of water (ph’d to 7 or just below) and repeat 3-5 days later. No runoff. It’s almost boring, lol. Here is their system:

This is the plant so far with just a little bit of water and no runoff.

If you’re looking to build your own super soil I’ll point you to @AAA, @Skydiver, @Mrcrabs

4 Likes

Thanks alot. Promotion at work has me busy so I’m trying to get the grow as automated as possible but the soil is my next step. I’m currently using the GH flora series and it’s easy to follow but on days I’m not home when they need to be fed. I can’t count on anyone else to mix the nutes. Even thought about hydroponic system. Just trying to figure out which would be the best set up for the situation. Thanks again for the info. I’ll post the soil I ss from here

1 Like

Looked into a yt grower by the name Mr canuck. He makes a coco super soiless mix. Waters and adds dry nutes once later into flower. Seems to have good results. Also brews a tea I believe once or twice during the grow

1 Like

Last grow, one of the plants I did was all organic using teas. Turned out to be everyone’s favorite. Doing the same strain in this kind soil to see if there’s a difference.

2 Likes

I’ve read articles that state organic grows produce the best tasting product. What strain?

Thanks @BobbyDigital for the tag. @RAP uses Kind with good results. He did say this grow he was seeing some deficiencies though.

Do you have a Journal going? I’m sorry if I missed it or saw it and forgot.

Im doing my Supercoil mix this round but adding Build a soil Coot amendments on the bottom third of the pot.

2 Likes

ILGM blackberry kush (seeds they mistakenly sent me, so bonus, lol). It’s terps and flavor are great and that’s what everyone loves about it. Now if that’s due to the organics or not, I’m not sure as I don’t have one that was fed synthetics to compare it to.

1 Like

If you’re asking me, I don’t have a journal. Would be a boring one with just adding water, lol. I’m posting the plant on BTB’s “late September drops” thread. I tagged you in because @Konflict posted on another thread about going the super soil route and if he had any questions building his, you’d be one that could get him on the right track should he have any questions.

2 Likes

I use FFOF soul and I got my two bags May 2018 and it’s still rocking out good plants.

3 Likes

Definitely interested. Have a strain coming in that I’m excited about and want to give it the best home possible

1 Like

I bought the carbon filter they recommend and use the ph down crystals they recommend and on my 4th grow now started to have a deficieny problem at the beginning but out of 6 varieties only 1 really still showing a problem.
I did notice a more manure smell from the other 3 deliveries when I got this batch and wonder if it was still hot, maybe not cured enough. I still have 3 bags of the 75# I had and the smell is back to normal.

And I also top mine with FFOF.

3 Likes

Ok, Just wanted to make sure I didn’t miss out on it!

2 Likes

Any links or recipes for a super soil? Purple lemonade auto is coming in and want to make sure she has everything she needs for this grow

1 Like

@Konflict supersoil recipes are like chili recipes, everyone has a tweak to tgeir basic recipes.

@garrigan62 has a supersoil recipe on here if you search for it.

I started with his as a base and starting adding some things.

Here is my last recipe that I recorded but I’m in the process of revising.

Let’s tag @zparkie2 @Budbrother

Supersoil v.2

1/4 Recipe

2 large bags of a high-quality organic potting soil with coco fiber and mycorrhizae (i.e., your base soil)

1 cu ft. organic worm castings

1.25lbs or 20 ounces steamed bone meal

1.25lbs or 20 ounces bloom bat guano

1.25lbs or 20 ounces blood meal

12 ounces rock phosphate

8 ounces kelp meal

8 ounces alfalfa meal

4 tablespoons Epsom Salts

2 table spoon feather meal

1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons sweet lime (dolomite)

1/8 cup or 2 tablespoons azomite (trace elements)

1 tablespoon insect frass

1 tablespoon powdered humic acid

1 tablespoon powdered fulvic acid

1 tablespoon recharge

1 teaspoon mychorizae powder

10-32 oz cups coarse perlite

2 Likes

I don’t do super soil. I found it always fails me in flowering.

3 Likes

Just like @AAA says, you have to do research, and grow them ! Great to do some test plants till you find the right mix that don’t burn your plants, every strain is different. I have some soil I built after learning all about living soil and no till method, have one started on no till right now, first one, bakashi, some bio live, craft blend, ewc, and worms eating up the roots, fungi growing on top, in two weeks going to pull out root stub and plant a ilgm california dream. anything lacking I am hoping to top dress and give teas,learn from that to apply to the next.

1 Like

I appreciate the help. Any suggestions on carbon filters for exhaust

Have you ever tried a kind soil at the bottom. FFOF to fill but leave a solo cup in. Take it out and put Happy frog or coco loco in. That way there would be no transplant, no nutes for early stages. Then hit FFOF. Once it starts to weaken the roots should be around the kind soil to finish out. Thanks in advance