Fox Farm Nutrient help

Yet another beginner here so please bare with me.
Using the ocean soil with the grow big. Just started to flower so I am easing in the Tiger bloom (just ran out of the grow big) But do I have to keep adding the grow big and big bloom that the feeding chart suggests?

For them to work like Fox Farms intended you need to follow their feeding chart. I think there are times during the grow you’ll be using all 3 at once.

ETA: When I say “follow the chart” I don’t mean you have to feed the exact amounts listed, but you should feed whatever nutrients are listed on the chart even if you’re feeding at 25%.

1 Like

Until you get good at evaluating deficiencies (which you learn when you make mistakes) you should probably follow the feed schedules if you can.

Grow big has more nitrogen in it that the leaves need to grow vigorously and if you stop it too soon the fan leaves will begin to yellow and begin to die (which is normal aging, it’s just a timing thing). That said, the Fox Farms feeding schedule that I used ten years ago showed grow big being discontinued once you began flowering. It also used higher dosages of tiger bloom and the powders (open sesame, beastie blooms and cha Ching).

Yes follow chart

yes follow the chart. you will want to use it for another 4-5 weeks at least. I assume u are also using big bloom and have calmag on hand.

I’m using the boogie + filter and PHing the water. I assume I can use the grow big, big bloom, and tiger bloom all at once. Now I only water twice a week, so I am thinking I can cut the doses in half and use it for every watering. Or do I just use the full dose once a week. I would like to know your thoughts

Pay strict attention to the flushes.

@Raymond-510 if your into the flowering phase fix farm recommends a dose of all three for a few weeks. I use the three step and swear by it I’m coming close to harvest on my first clone so like the chart recommend I am just using 2tsp bug Bloom and 1 of tiger bloom and of course a healthy spoonful of blackstrap molasses

I have another question. The chart says you can feed up to twice a week. I only water them twice a week. So should I use the full amount suggested twice a week? Or should I just use half the amount so I don’t over nute them? Your thoughts?

have another question. The chart says you can feed up to twice a week. I only water them twice a week. So should I use the full amount suggested twice a week? Or should I just use half the amount so I don’t over nute them? Your thoughts?

I don’t know what other people do, but when I start feeding I give the suggested amount, but only once a week. In your case, the second watering of the week would just be water.

As the plants grow they will require more frequent watering. If I water a third time in a week, I’ll feed the roots with the Fox Farms Bush Doctor products in the orange section of the feed schedule and if I need to water every other day, water again on the extra day.

Hate when that happens. I had six or seven sentences written in my reply and WTF it gets erased. So, try it again. @CMichGrower pretty much covered it. I do not however use any other FF nutrients. I use the feed, water, feed cycle. I rarely have to water more often than every 3rd or 4th day. When you start using the trio, start at 50% dose. See how they react. Then, on the next feed increase to 100%.
Because of the soil I use I do not start the trio until week 6 or 7. Once the plants are well established, I will give them CalMag, Silica and Humic/Fulvic acid on water only days rotating between them.