Fox Farm feed schedule?

why is it the foxfarm feeding schedule online differs from the instructions on the individual bottle I noticed that the foxfarm big Bloom on the online feeding schedule calls for teaspoons while the bottle cause for tablespoons, I have been going by the bottle and using tablespoons for about the last five or six feedings so I guess that’s the one we’re supposed to use, love to hear your thoughts on this thanks a lot and happy growing

2 Likes

Is it the difference between one feeding per week and two feedings per week maybe?

1 Like

@Randy1966 is correct… at 1 x per week 4 tbs = 12 tsp. chart is 2 x a week at 6 tsp = 2 tbs = 4 tbs a week

3 Likes

Thank you for the confirmation of that. I’ve been feeding to much🙄

1 Like

I’ve been feeding the Teaspoon dose and only once per week, still getting some nute burn… if I did that twice a week , it may be too much? @Randy1966

3 Likes

What kind of drainage are the pots in

There 5 gallon bags .

what are the pots sitting in?

1 Like

It’s because when using big bloom by its self you use tablespoons if your using the rest of the products wth that it’s in teaspoons so u dont burn them.

1 Like

Big bloom works good but work alot better with the other products I use them all and my plants love it 2x a week. I hope this helps and makes sense.
Good luck and good growing​:grinning::metal::metal:

1 Like

schedules are just a generalized guide to help sell the product.

almost all my plants have never gotten the 1300 PPM some schedules call for.

I start 20% of schedule and adjust. Mostly stay in the 800 PPM range at most.

I learned the hard way schedules WILL get your crop killed.

1 Like

@tanlover442 got it right! Generalized feedings, not necessarily meant to be followed exactly. You still have to read your plants and grow conditions. Keep up the great work!

3 Likes

Plastic resivors.

Dont see why u cant get 1300 ppm in feeding I use fox farms and by week 2 its 1260,

1 Like

I use teaspoons and only feed once a week. It works for me.

3 Likes

When does everyone begin counting the weeks as vegetative on the feeding schedule?
When does a “seedling” become vegetative?

I’m a first timer and thank you for any advice.

When those little first round leaves die off is when you need to start adding nutrients…
But are you in soil or hydro… this matters… big time…
And really low ppm’s in hydro and nothing in soil…
Plants will find what they need for a while in soil…
:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Thank you @peachfuzz
I’ve been asking this for some time. I really appreciate the response!!!

1 Like

They are different because as stated on the bottle if your using just the one bottle you go buy what’s on the bottle if you use the dirty dozen and the other nutes it’s in smaller doses cause your using the extra ingredients. Used them for my grows and the are amazing just gotta flush when its needed with the sledgehammer and boomerang

1 Like

Hey @Cheftodd420 thank you,
I am growing in soil and using the 3 part fox farm nutes. So from suggestions of others I’m using 50% of what the schedule says.

The flush is really important?

Thank you

1 Like