Four sisters in a cool garage

• What strain, white widow autoflower Seed bank, ilgm
  • Method: Soil…fox farms ocean forest
  • Vessels: fabric pots
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) runoff has been 6.5 ph on runoff on average
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable runoff ppm 1400 on average
  • Indoor or Outdoor…indoor
  • Light system. Mh/ hps 400 watt and phlizon 1200 watt (300 ) actual draw led
  • Temps; 75-80 day low 65 night
  • Humidity; Day…50 percent… average night and day
  • Ventilation system; Yes,…4 inch ipower exhaust fan with filter and a small intake fan and a clip on inside tent
  • have a humidifier in tent too
  • Co2; Yes,. Green pads … not sure if its working though
    Size of tent(actually a 4by5 by7 area that i built out of insulation board. It works though
3 Likes

I have posted other places but was told it would be best to post here

2 Likes

Hi @blacksheep! Nice work setting up the journal.

Given that you have autoflower plants, they will begin flowering on thier own. My first grow was white widow autos. Around 28 days was when I saw pre-flowers on the girls. I would switch to HPS around day 35, whihc is my opinion, I don’t think theres a hard fast rule.

I went with a light schedule of 20/4 end to end, but some people will switch to a 12/12 cycle to kickstart the process and reduce electricity costs. It’s questionable both ways if the extra hours of light and cost of electricity get the bang for the buck in bud growth.

Good luck!

3 Likes

Ty @Sixpackdad . I also was wondering if i even to worry about nutrients. Since my run off ppms were already in the 1400s.

1 Like

And…i have one plant that is a couple weeks older and was wondering if i should wait to wait to make the light switxh to hps or wait for others to catch up a little bit

1 Like

That other plant, do you know what it is definitively? Is is an autoflowering plant? Or feminized?

You do not need to feed with nutrients for the time being. 1400 is good. If your pH is 6.5 in the runoff you are on the path. I significantly overnuted my white widow autos. My ppms were 3500-7500, and they didn’t show symptoms until they were flowering. Sounds like you are in good shape. Watch your leaves for any signs of deficiency. As the ppms continue to come down, you can begin to add nutes, but I would just watch for now.

Go ahead and post your pics here too. Others will be along. We love pics :slight_smile:
Here are my grow journals.
https://ilgmforum.com/t/add-your-grow-jounal-link-here/28378/10

1 Like

1 Like

Not the most clear pics but they are all wwa. The second pic is the oldest. Started her in a dealzer grow cabinet but transplanted her because that wasnt gonna cut it. I am used to growing outdoors in the ground . When i sprouted her…she was in a rapid rooter plug. I put her into ffof soil and shocked and burned her pretty well. Anyway she pulled through and is the eldest and is about 43 days along from sprout.not expecting as good of a yield but hopefully i can learn how to harvest with her so i am ready when her sisters are!

1 Like

So i put her inder the phlizon 1200 watt 300 actual.draw light with veg and bloom switches both on. I have a 400 mh/ hps light in rhe room as well just gonna let the other three stay under it with mh bulb for a week or so.

I think your in good shape. You should see pre-flowers by now on the elder WWA; and the rest should follow in a week-ish. Good luck.

Remember, autos do what they want. I have 1 that’s about 2 months old and isn’t flowering yet. Just switch my lights to 12/12. Ill post pics when light comes on

Thanks for joining in@HornHead

Ok… so woke up and just checked on the sisters. And noticed something had munched on a couplle of leaves. What likes to do this to a plant.? I will show a pic soon

So i got a good pic and also already checked symptom checker and think it is from a tiny white flying critter. Not sure what they are called …but when i blow on plants , a few of them go buzzing around. Can somevody give me a good idea of how to kill the little mfers

So anybody got a good method that i can get and will work fast? @blackthumbetty

You can try neem oil. Google it. There’s other things that are safe to use also. Fly paper can help too

Thank ya kindly for the response @HornHead . I read alot and fast because i needed to act fast . Too much time and money invested here. Not growing for some little critters to munch on. I used a mixture of canola oil and water so far so good. Anybody tried this remedy? Any adverse reactions on plants?@sixpackdad

For my insect and mold issues, I have used 9:1 water:3%peroxide. I have not heard of using canola.

Ok so it’s 31 days since sprout for 3 of the 4. I have been attacked by whiteflies or something similar.i have used a couple of different products against them like canola And water, dawn dish soap And water And a product called garden safe insect killer from wally world. I also am going to try spinosad. I have read to alternate treatments so the don’t become immune to a specific one. And I do have some leaf damage . My question is …Do I remove the affected leaves? Or part of them? Also. Looks like a am in preflower or early flower? I also have some little yellow sticky cards on the way. Here are a few pics …