Found this white cocoon looking thing

I found this cocoon looking thing on a leaf stem at the bottom of my banana Kush. I’m wondering is it mold or a pest sack. The stem and cocoon/ mold or whatever was touching the clay balls at the bottom of the plant. Here are some pics of it and the plant. Thanks

4 Likes

Looks like a pest sac. Open it up

3 Likes

I would say you need to check all ur plants to see if theres anymore it maybe a caterpillar cocoon or spider egg sac you will have open it up

3 Likes

Definitely need to poke it or cut it to see if there is life in it (eggs, pupae, larvae, etc). If so, check your plants really well and spray some Captain Jack’s Dead Bug Juice.

4 Likes

Great looking grow! I don’t know what it is, hope you find your answers! :handshake:

2 Likes

Praying Mantis egg sacs look just like that.
Perhaps just put it outside. Those guys are really beneficial.

5 Likes

I thought about praying mantis but our eggs we find (and buy) look just a tad different. But yeah, hate to open it up and kill a mantis!

3 Likes

That one is dried more.
Its probably not mantis eggs the OP posted a pic of. There are lots of moths that lay eggs in foam as well.

Thanks. I will cut it open and see.

We can buy the eggs at our local nursery and they look just like the one above… kind of dried out looking.

I definitely looks different from that one. I put it in a box to see what comes out. I’ll give it a few weeks.

Andre

1 Like