Found these cheap LEDs

what you guys think? been researching the LED game for longtime but im quite impressed with the price of these, not amazing lights at all but definetely a good bang for your buck, one of the only i find that are worth what they’re worth. just thought i should post this in case anyone was looking and only afew pennies to squeeze.

Im
Sure they would work fine just pay attention to par ratings and spectrums
They look very similar to all the Chinese made light which imo work well for the $
Happy growing :v: CB

3 Likes

I finally ended up getting 2 of the 1800 watt COB leds at $178 each.

1 Like

Just so you’re aware. They are not really 1800w. They are 240w each.

1 Like

Cheap LEDs are cheap, and generally not very efficient. I just refuse to buy something that says one power level but is really much less.

2 Likes

It does say their actual watts in the specs, silly not to be aware. I think the “15600000 watt led” bullshit advertisement is more or less its PPF equivelent to HID.

1 Like

Yeah, long term there definetely no cheaper. But for a small over head i suppose you can light up your tent for your grow, which is more the concern of broke growers.

Yeah they over state there coverage by a long shot, but their stated PAR looks good and central PPF aint bad either.

1 Like

I think they all do that on some level unless you get into the big $ commercial set ups
@anon10428485

2 Likes

Hahaha yeah, best option is to build your own i suppose

2 Likes

Yeah if you have the time and skills thats a option especially if you committed to growing
I normally don’t suggest that to a new grower since some bail out after one or two grows
@dbrn32 @MAXHeadRoom both build their own lights @MattyBear built one recently also
If you would like to discuss building one they would be my go to guys

2 Likes

Thanks i definetely will at some stage :slight_smile:

There should almost be a megathread on it, not sure itd stay active enough though

1 Like

Thanks for tag @Countryboyjvd1971! I couldn’t agree more, hard to invest the $ and time into a custom built light that you’re not looking at the long term aspect of its benefits. For every grower that ends up replacing everything they start with, there’s probably 2-3 that give up without ever having a very successful grow.

@anon10428485 if you’re interested in the diy projects I can certainly try to help layout a light for you. Outside of maybe the last fixture I did, the target is usually not to replace these budget fixtures though. It’s usually to save some cash getting top level performance stuff and make it fit your specific space. A lot of members break there space down to 2 or 3 fixtures, and build them one at a time. This keeps from having a larger initial investment, and gives you the option to try one without jumping in head first.

2 Likes

You know your the firat guy i think of when i rwad light build @dbrn32
Happy 420 my friend

3 Likes

Appreciate that! Happy 420 to you as well! Just looking to get through this workday so we can go celebrate haha!

2 Likes

Just so I’m understanding right, you will have 4 hydro setups, each red about 2’x2’? Any you plan on keeping plants about that size? So then we need one fixture for each plant, but they all need to fit in a space that’s .55m x .810m?

Maybe I misunderstood, but it doesn’t seem like 4 of those tubs would fit into that space?

1 Like

The ones I have are 6 three hundred watt cobs, each one with 100 three watt leds. True watts on these are 365. Use two to light up space 36 X 40 inches. I took apart one of my cheap 1000 watt leds that claimed 265 watt, but inside were 4 fifty watt drivers.

Definitely makes more sense now.

I think for something like that I would probably do 200 watt fixtures, 4-50 watt cobs each fixture. Or, 4 of the two board quantum board lights. You could also do something like @Myfriendis410 with the 560mm eb strips to get to a quantum board like light.

I’ll see if I can find a couple of pics.

1 Like

@anon10428485 something like one of these

1 Like

I built 3 fixtures using the BXEB L0560Z 30E2000 C B3 Bridgelux 3,000k 560mm gen 1 EB modules for my space. 240 watts at peak per fixture (only run them at 200). Built on salvaged 1 1/2" x 6" aluminum tubing. My cost per fixture without the aluminum was just shy of $200. 156 lumens per watt and my electric bill went down by $60 per month over the Amazon lights I previously had.

2 Likes