Found some bud rot on 1 of my plant, how many more week until harvest

Spotted some bud rot on one of my blue dream. Not too much, but I think once it started, it’s going to spread quickly. How many more weeks do you think she can be harvested? Was hoping to keep her for 2 more weeks, but not sure with the bud rot. Do you think it’s too early to harvest now?

3 Likes

@Covertgrower @Hellraiser.

2 Likes

I would cut out the affected parts, and thoroughly apply hydrogen peroxide. You’re still a few weeks out. You could chop early, if you need to.

4 Likes

Racy buds are better than moldy ones. I’d chop if you’re worried about humidity etc. You dont have any amber from what I saw so if u can make it yeah but if worried i’d cut my losses.

3 Likes

Hey tell me more about these baths. I’ve not done em and am curious and noticing that people have different cleaning practices if u have a sec.

Yeah, early bud better than no bud, hard to stop once it starts, see what your weather forecast shows for the next couple weeks, is it going to get wetter or drier. If getting wetter/rain/more humid, I’d consider chopping early.

3 Likes

1:1 hydrogen peroxide bath in everything will kill the mold spores.

3 Likes

You do this after trim? Are you just dunking em? I’ve been just curing and smoking my bud but if this is a safety measure/helps I need to start doing it. I’ve not had any issues with mold indoors except one plant a few grows back cuz it grew one massive cola.

I am in new england. Maybe frost tomorrow, but no rain in the forecast, and windy. I will try to take out affected spots and spray with peroxide. Maybe I can get through 1 more week. Will be watching it. Thanks for all of your advices, I appreciate it.

3 Likes

Wind can typically be your friend but not when theres mold. I’d roll the dice. Chop out the moldy stuff…maybe even harvest some to help air flow and let it ride. But only you know your situation so…if in doubt chop her.

3 Likes

Recommend this while it’s growing, and after harvesting. Especially if there’s bud rot present.
More may be found at harvest, and will need to be cut out, and the rest disinfected.

3 Likes