Found some beaners, now what?

Growing (4) autos in a 3x3 tent and I found some seeds 3 of the 4. I assume the 4th has some or will. These sprouted on 11/3 and began flowering 3 weeks after that. At this point I should ride it out, correct? The main culprit is one on my AK47’s, she looks rough. Pictures below. Other 3 look good and are starting to get frosty

Can I save the seeds and use them for a future grow? If so, will they or should they be males?

This hobby is frustrating and far from easy

What would cause the seeds?

2 Likes

I hit like out of habit because I never like seeing male flowers on someone’s plants. Get it out before they pop open you’ll have a tent full of pollen…

You can try cutting them off and letting it finish but it might keep making them

1 Like

What @MeEasy said and
You can save the seeds but they will have the hermi gene. That doesn’t mean they will hermi but they can. Your weed will still be good it just won’t be as good. It takes a lot of the plants energy to produce the seeds. So your buds may not be as big. You will just have seeds. :v::call_me_hand:

4 Likes

I would ride it out. If you can find the pollen sacks or nanners that caused the seeds, I’d try to remove it. Spray it down with water and clip it off. Trash male bits and just let the ladies build as best they can. If you don’t see male parts anywhere, it was likely a small offender and may not have as big of an impact as it seems right now.

Sucks but no point throwing out the flowering ladies at this stage. Just get ready to germ some new seeds.

Also as far as the seeds produced, they won’t be worth growing - I think that Hermed seeds tend to create herm plants. Not 100% but the odds are high enough I wouldn’t waste my time on it. I had 3 for 3 on Hermed seeds giving me herm plants.

1 Like

And if that’s feminized autos it should be girls. But if it’s regulars its a toss up. :v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

I dug into a few of the flowers and pulled a seed out of each. I think it may be caused by stress. The seeds were all autos from ILGM and this plant has looked terrible for weeks.

They were purchased as feminized autos from ILGM

Once pollinated they pretty much give up on making more bud and concentrate more on making the seeds

2 Likes

I gave a quick glance at all (4) plants. The Zkittles didn’t appear to have any seeds and is getting very frosty. This has the shortest grow time

The Amnesia Haze is starting to get frosty and I only saw 1 or 2 seeds

The other AK is starting to get frosty and I saw 6 or less.

Then there’s the sickly looking one, maybe 12 at most . This AK has the most flower sites and hasn’t looked good since it started to flower. I read that stress can cause them to become hermies.

If since they are all under way with flowering, should I leave what I think is the culprit (sick AK) n the tent? Anything I get from it is better than nothing as long as I’m not putting the others in anymore harms way.

1 Like

Feminized autos they are

Hate seeing un-planned Nanners. Must have been stress related being autos, any lighting interruptions wouldn’t have hermied them :love_you_gesture:

I definitely think it’s stress related as you can see from the picture above of one of my AK47 autos.

I looked over all of them and yet to see any Nanners. Is it possible the seeds are in the flowers from stress or am I just not seeing the culprit Nanners?

1 Like

Seeds are in the nanners. Have you plucked one of those swollen calyxes and found a seed? Rare for me to see that with Autos?? @MattyBear @AfgVet @dbrn32 . These gray cultivators have more experience and will chime in :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Yes, I pulled a seed out of this.

1 Like

The autos can still Hermie, it’s just not typically from lights as would be the case with photos. But light leaks can still cause them issues. BStar was having issues with her autos hermieing because the floor was too cold in her tent

4 Likes

Good to know that :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

I think the decision to be made is whether you want to start over or not. Most of us don’t want seeds in their weed. But if plants are otherwise healthy its also difficult to throw them out. It’s likely these plants won’t produce as well as they could have been once pollinated, but they can still grow nice buds that will get you plenty high.

5 Likes

Picking seeds out of weed is old school, get yourself a Pink Floyd or Doobie Brothers album cover and you’ll be reliving history.

7 Likes

@fast-grow I second that. I don’t mind a few seeds in some good weed. Even if there hermied (hermi seeds don’t always produce hermi plants you just have a bigger chance it will hermi) :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Cheech and Chongs Big Bambu album had a rolling paper the size of the album in it. I bought several albums. :wink::drooling_face::sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

4 Likes