Found a bird took it home

went to the grocery store yesterday and found a patagonian conure also known as a burrowing parrot

so i came home and built a cage and some toys for it

But where’s it gonna burrow? :wink:

lol i was wondering the same thing I can’t build a cliff i was reading about them and it said they dig holes in limestone and sandstone cliffs to live in

Perhaps some of those rocks they have for reptiles? You wouldn’t have to use the heating rocks, but don’t they have some just for design?

Either that, or break out your masonry skills and put some rocks together to form your own cave with mortar or epoxy.

Are they native there or do you think it’s an escapee? Lol

The things we find…

didn’t think about that good idea bout to go buy a bag of mortor mix and sum wire no he’s definitely someone’s pet he’s super nice and even says a few words, when u wave at him it picks it’s foot up and waves back at cha and when i turn the radio on he starts bobbing it’s head yea I would have to say this was a good find indeed the kids love him

didn’t think about that good idea bout to go buy a bag of mortor mix and sum wire no he’s definitely someone’s pet he’s super nice and even says a few words, when u wave at him it picks it’s foot up and waves back at cha and when i turn the radio on he starts bobbing it’s head yea I would have to say this was a good find indeed the kids love him

That’s pretty awesome! I’m a big fan of animal rescue, looks like an great pet ! :thumbsup:

yea me too they need lovin even more than the animals that people sell for profit

found her on the back road by my house someone dropped off a whole litter of puppies there was 7 of them found all of them homes but kept her she was almost dead when I found them it took about 3-4days to nurse her back to life after that she grew like a wild flower and is the sweetest thing ever with the family but viscous as hell to anything she sees as a threat to us I think she would really give her life to protect us

She reminds me of one I used to have except for the ears. I don’t cut them.

Rescue animals tend to sense they were saved from death. Amazing what they’re willing to do to show their appreciation!

i went ahead and got em cut bc they were all ripped up like the other puppies were chewing on them i guess it was bc she was way smaller and weak

That’s so sad.

I wasn’t judging on the ears. Not sure if you thought I was, so I want to clarify that.

Thanks for taking care of the weak…

I never miss an opportunity to post a picture of my new cat ( as many of you may have noticed :stuck_out_tongue: ) she came in about a year ago one day when I was out barbecuing she was trying to catch a bird at my feeder I thought she was just a kitten turns out she’s a couple years old was just starved and dehydrated

…real nice cat :yin_yang:

I have 2 rescues bro. Love animals. Good stuff

didn’t take offense to it i just got back with the cement bout to try and see what I can come up with for the bird

Have you tried to find its owner,as a bird person ,I know how upsetting it is to lose s bird that escapes. And never to know what happened to it hurts even more

I meant about the ears. :wink:

Is this the ‘new pets thread’ now? Haha just got my wifie a new lil buddy for when papas out to work

yea put up a few flyers saying bird found looks like a parrot if u can describe what it looks like I’ll b glad to give it back

yea thats what I meant no worries

haha yea if u got em show em off ,i love animals i think mabe a lil more than people o and thats a cute lil kitty