Forum Support for a Newbie

Here can I find help on using this forum ? I trying to ask a question related to watering of my Ladies and was not sure if I have to start by posting a New Topic everything ? Any directions anywhere on how to properly use this forum? Thanks

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum, you did just fine starting a new topic in the forum. What was your question about watering?

1 Like

I have a similar question related to watering. This is my first grow and I have 5 Ladies in 3 Gallon Pots with 60% Happy Frog Soil, 33% Coco Coir, and 33% Perlite and 1 inch of Coir crutons in the bottom of each pot. This mix drains very well. The pots feel like the have water but the top seems to dry faster. What would be your suggestions here ?

Watering practices vary from grower to grower…from the medium you are growing in…and what stages the plants are in…as well as what water they are using…Tap…Well…RO etc…no one set answer for all as there are many variables to consider
Many ways to the same good result.

The pic shows how you can search this forum for previous posts to questions you may have. If you can’t find anything that answers them by all means ask us but please be detailed in your post as we will need to know your set up…

Here is a support ticket to use when posting so we can better help.
Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answer.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner :slight_smile:

Thanks!

1 Like

Lift the pots before watering and after watering and you’ll get a feel for when they need more. Also the plants will droop when they are thirsty.
Note they will also droop right before lights out normally and be like that when lights first come on and not necessarily needing water.
Stick you finger in the pot 2 knuckles down and check for moisture.

The soil will dry from top to bottom. I suggest adding some mulch to the top of soil like simple straw it hold moisture better and provides food for the soil microbes

Thanks @darkillusion3526 and @Skydiver ! Very helpful information. I really like my new hobby and appreciate all your ideas. The “Template” will be very useful. :grinning:

1 Like