Forum issues after turning on advertising

Hi guys,

Although advertising is not something people look forward to seeing it something that helps make a forum like this more affordable. Hence we’re looking into turning Amazon advertising on.

About two weeks ago I had to turn this off because people were reporting navigation issues. We’re testing with trial by error method so I’m going to turn it on again in a few minutes.

Please let me know if you experience erratic behaviour and if you do, be as specific as possible, e.g. “On my Samsung Galaxy using the Chrome browser I see dwarfs hopping in and out of the screen from left to right when clicking on the green room following notification”

Don’t mind the content of the advertising just yet, this is just a test.

Thanks
Roy

11 Likes

everything working fine on my end Roy…
thanks for keeping us updated…

1 Like

I haven’t seen any problems or ads on my iPhone 6 to date :slightly_smiling_face: And thanks for the warning :warning:

I’m seeing the ads today and it’s affecting scrolling on my iPhone 6 FYI

Hi @SmoknGranny can you elaborate on how scrolling is affected?

2 Likes

The ads pop up and kinda jerks what’s on the screen and stalls. Then on the phone you have to scroll back up and down to finish reading the text. It’s more of an annoyance but workable. I was able to check it on my computer and not a problem there :slightly_smiling_face: I can check it on my Android tablet later today if you want. I’m not complaining but thought you wanted info on possible bugs. Maybe the pop ups slow down on smaller screens? Idk :neutral_face:

1 Like

Update. It’s “popping” back and forth between comments. While reading a comment the screen jerks to the next comment on its own. Then I scroll back to the comment I was reading and it jerks back down. It doesn’t appear to happen on every topic. It’s the type of bug that drives code writers crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: My ex was a software engineer which is another reason I’m trying to be helpful here for you.

@ILGM.Roy
@Familyman420 here it is post your issue here so roy can look into it
Mention type of device and any issues youve been experiencing

I have noticed today that pictures try to center on my phone i phone 6s wven when i scroll past but only if i stop half way down picture ? Minor issue for me
Thanks for the heads up @Familyman420

1 Like

I’m having the same problem with my iPhone 6. It’s more annoying than anything else :blush:

1 Like

I’ve started to notice a slow down especially when trying to text. It seems to stop texting and then jump back to texting. Sorry if that doesn’t make sense. I’m on a Samsung Galaxy Note 8.

2 Likes

Thanks for your input guys, will bring it to the ad-plugin developers

3 Likes

Hi @raustin

you mean when trying to reply to a topic?

1 Like

Yes, exactly!

1 Like

@Dieselgrower and a few other have been having issues as well @ILGM.Roy
i tag you into that thread too
@SmoknGranny was also on that thread
I believe thier issues where with logging in or getting logged out automatically
I was thrown off yesterday but was able to log right back in thought it was on my end ?

Thank you country. It has became difficult to tag people it’s as if for me sometimes it works great then I can press any buttons or exit out of the reply I was trying to write. If that makes sense. When I touch one part of a reply to insert something it will have the cursor in a higher and to the right position.

3 Likes

I experience the same thing as @Dieselgrower as of a few weeks ago. Running Android 8.1.0 on my Google Pixel. I basically have to force close Chrome and go back into the site like new.

I always run in Incognito Mode so just thought it was that acting funny with the site. Glad to hear it’s not just me!

4 Likes

Still with @SmoknGranny having issues with the site jump scrolling for lack of a better term.
This is on my iPhone X running software 11.3.
I am glad to see advertising, at least the site will have financing somehow.

1 Like

Ditto and I’m sure they will fix the bugs :blush:

hi @SmoknGranny and @Covertgrower I just turned off the ads. Can you perhaps log out and back in and see if the jerky behaviour persists?

Thanks
Roy

2 Likes