Forceps or Tweezers to pick up bud in jars

Greetings;

Does anyone have a suggestion for a set of tweezers or forceps to retrieve buds from curing jars? I typically use either quart or half gallon jars for curing. My hand is just too big to reach in there especially when I want a particular bud down deep in the jar.

Is there a particular tool that dispensaries or home cultivators use that seems to be the one to go with? I’m sure the proper length is important so hope someone can link me to the particular tool that will suit my need. THANKS!!

1 Like

Perhaps a pair on Non-Locking hemostats.
Amazon has lots of them.

1 Like

I’ll take a look. Didn’t think of non-locking hemostats. Thanks!

1 Like

Chopsticks? Never really thought about it.

4 Likes

Not a bad idea…LOL!

2 Likes

Chop-suey!

2 Likes

Lol this is a great thought. I always just dumpd the jars…

1 Like

Chopsticks is a great idea. My first thought was tongs like you’d use on the grill or similar. But I got long fingers and small buds, never had that problem :frowning:

:joy:

4 Likes

If I am weighing out an ounce of bud, it seems invariable that I’ll have 27 grams on the scales and see that one special bud that appears to be one gram that will make up 28 grams. Of course that one special bud is ALWAYS at the very bottom - so I have to dump the contents to fish out that one magical bud. LOL

I figure the less I handle the contents, the less damage is done to the trichomes causing them to come off as a loss. Dumping the jar probably causes some trichs to come off…so the chop stick method sounds like a beautiful plan to me. Yay!

1 Like

In that case, I’d say chopsticks would be the way to go. Nice grip without much destruction on the way in and back out.

2 Likes

Get you a budtender6000. image

8 Likes

My luck that lil fker would be a Pothead too and learn to roll joints… no pets with thumbs! :joy:

8 Likes

I’m picturing the monkey from The Hangover 2.

2 Likes

Is that the 3 leged monkey from miss Rudolph the voodoo lady???

See if anyone gets that?

Dammit, now I have to get a budtender6000. Not because I want one but because the wife saw this post

5 Likes

I use crouton tongs i “borrowed” from the salad bar at the pizza place.

2 Likes

LOL…I love the Budtender6000 @Painfree . I’m afraid my barn cats (RodentcontrolXL) would enjoy him too.

Tried the chop sticks last nite….works a charm!

1 Like

Haha! I ‘borrowd’ a neighborhood kitten from the gas station when i moved here. Saw a couple mice around the fence when we got here. Havent seen one in two months.

2 Likes

Awesome! Good call, @Myfriendis410. Sometimes the best tool is something free you already have.

2 Likes