Force flowering using blackout sheet

I have 2 Gorilla Glue that I’m growing outdoors. They are 11 weeks old. I have them in pots and I’m ready for them to begin flowering so I can harvest before my vacation in October. Today I begin 12 hours of darkness using a blackout sheet.
My question is as follows: With the blackout sheet being so thick I’m concerned they may not be getting enough air/oxygen during the 12 hours of darkness. Should I put a fan in with them for circulation or are they okay as is???

1 Like

Plants off gass in the dark, so I don’t think it’s needed.
Wouldn’t hurt thats for sure but I know people who grow small plants outside and put a big garbage can over them to make em flip faster.

You should be fine.
Next time maybe consider autos?

1 Like

Also remember you probably aren’t airtight. Outside has wind. There is air exchange happening as is. Especially with a large garbage can. I wouldn’t be able to find a single spot on my property where an upside down barrel would create an air seal. Unless it sat for months and sinks into the top soil. That’s not something that would happen with these circumstances.

1 Like

Thank you, I feel better now. I didn’t use a garbage can. I have 2 pots on a small flat bed cart. I used PVC pipe to build a frame and covered with blackout sheet. Now I just roll the cart into the covered frame, pull down the flap. After 12 hours I pull the cart out into the light. I’m having so much fun :slight_smile: