For those who self sustain

You guys are awesome to share your knowledge and experiences with complete strangers, all for the common good. Searching for the never ending buzz.

For all of you hobbyist growers…

How many successful grows have you had? Do you keep track of that number?

How long have you been able to sustain yourself?

I’ve been doin it for a few years now with very satisfying results. And its because of bit of help and suggestions from those around here. Thanks Guys!

How about you? How goes it for you?

3 Likes

After awhile, if you grow enough, you lose track, but you might count the years.
I recently expanded a bit, to keep up with my new hobby extracting.

Love the screen name, cars are my other passion. At least to look. I have kids, I can’t have a cool car hobby anymore.

3 Likes

Retired engine machinist by trade. Arthritic.

2 Likes

What I have kids, and the wife agreed to let me build a race car, one part at a time lol. I want to do rally racing but will be happy doing any kind of racing, except drifting, dont get me wrong I love drifting, but not as a race form, more to blow off steam.

1 Like

I’ve only been officially real growing for a year, i have had 3 major harvests in that time, cant wait for many more!

2 Likes

I don’t have the money to do a full build on an Subaru STI, but I would settle for a stock one. Lol

2 Likes

Same, but it has to be a 2002 bug eye lol.

1 Like

2011 sedan, or 2015 sedan style. Bug eye transmissions always died. Or was that the 07’ Hawkeye?

1 Like

The 5 speeds were good up to something like 300 hp, but people usually try to push it, the autos were a better transmission but i want the stick lol. They did have some clutch chatter, and were known to snap the 2nd 3rd gear shaft.

No idea? Some years I grew nothing and helped others with their grows.

4 Likes

Started growing about 10 years ago and I love it…
I’ve had the opportunity to grow outdoors in Humboldt county for 2 years with thousands of plants and cant even began to tell you how many indoor grows I’ve had…
I had great people teaching me from the beginning…
Very first run was with plants that were vegged from a buddy that was teaching me and for some reason he always f%$ked up in flower…
With one 1000 watt hps I pulled 2 + pounds of super dank listening to him and doing stuff that made sense…
I think I had 8 to 10 plants and lots of training…
My buddy couldn’t believe that I pulled that much weight on my first try…
I could tell that he was jealous because he had already been at it for a couple of years…
He still cant believe what I’ve accomplished sense he taught me…
The stories that I could tell…
If I wouldn’t have been so successful on my first try , not sure if I would still be growing…
Hard to say…
Some people got it and some just dont have the time or patience to learn…
:v::sunglasses:

7 Likes

Fantastic and a bit jealous

2 Likes

We will get you there…
That’s why we are here…
I want you to succeed…
Any advice that I can give , I will…
Just tag me and I’ll swing through at some point…
:v::sunglasses:

5 Likes

You are thinking the WRX, STI came with 6 speed, different transmission. @CoyoteCody

You are right, then I’m not sure of any weak points on the 6 speeds, I will have to look into it.

1 Like

I’ve been growing almost exactly 3 years now,about 6 or 7 successful grows,been supplying all my own need for over two years now.Don’ have anybody to share with that I can trust so my stash is quite large.Started as a medical necessity after many years of smoking recreationally.Pull in a couple pounds every 4 months or so,and trying to get more.Lots still to learn but I feel like I’m legitimately a real grower now.

2 Likes